Cleaning a New Bailey

Discussion in 'Motorhome Detailing' started by Tweedie, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Tweedie

Tweedie Funster

Sorry if this sounds like bit of a dopey question but have just taken delivery of our brand new Bailey Autograph and being newbie owners was wondering the best way of keeping the bodywork clean. The owners manuals says use a mild detergent in clean water after having pre washed with plenty of clean water, then rinse off and dry with a chamois or microfibre cloth. It doesn't mention waxing or anything. As the body is an Alu-Tech construction was not sure if any special treatment was needed. Thanks in advance for any good advice/tips on keeping the bodywork looking like new.
    Cheers
    Elaine & Chris

2. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Hello there! Firstly, can I just say how jealous I am! We have a Bailey Approach 745se and absolutely love it! As for cleaning, we use a preparatory car wash solution. Always comes up lovely! I'm sure you'll get lots of brilliant advice on here, just wanted to say hi and wish you lots of happy travels in your gorgeous new Bailey!

3. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Oh, and just to add, we bought our Bailey exactly a year ago, our very first Motorhome. We were a bit nervous as newbies, so decided to take the plunge and go on a Fun rally straight away. So a week later we attended the Pembrey rally. Best thing we ever did! Have had one of the best years of our lives. To celebrate we are off to this years Pembrey meet next weekend. There are still spaces if you fancy coming too!

4. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Hi Tweedie and welcome to the forum. Your Bailey should have enough wax to protect it for the first year of ownership as long as you follow the advise from Baileys, personally I would use a drying cloth over a chammy as they are not so scratchy. A mild detergent means most car shampoos ( not too much at a time as it will strip the wax), avoid most cleaners that have motorhome or caravan in the title as these tend to have chemicals that will strip the wax. If you get any black streaks, wash ( to get rid of grit), then use a liquid wax to remove the black streak.

5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Autoglym car wash to clean then Bobby Dazzler sprayed on with garden spray straight after washing while the motorhome is still wet (y) No buffing or wiping off needed apart from squeegee over windows :) Our motorhome is nearly 2 years old now & keep getting asked if it is new so it works for us! Also cover straight after this with Maypole breathable cover http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maypole-4...-Waterproof-/161389778516?hash=item2593949654 if not using for a while & wheel covers too on the side in the sun http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maypole-C...Tyre-Damage-/361227844772?hash=item541adb7ca4 :)

6. DLT

DLT Funster

I have the same Maypole cover for sale only used once