Clay Pigeon Shooting (1 Viewer)

M

Mitch

Deleted User
Hi, anyone know of any sites that are close to Clay Pigeon Shooting clubs ?
North West / Cheshire / North Wales .

Cheers, Mitch

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
plenty of sites around here (North Devon) and clay shooting by arrangement with local club, trout fishery also local.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi, anyone know of any sites that are close to Clay Pigeon Shooting clubs ?
North West / Cheshire / North Wales .

Cheers, Mitch

You can look up clubs on the BASC website, or that of the CPSA - the Go Shooting section of BASC is excellent for resources like this. If you are planning to travel in your m/h with a shotgun it may be interesting for those of us who shoot clays to discuss securing methods which would keep the police relatively happy. Its one thing to travel to a competition for a day and keep your gun secured with you but if you combine that with a holiday in your motorhome it raises all sorts of security issues. I couldn't relax if I had my gun in the motorhome while I was out, and had to stress about it 24/7, hence don't get much clay shooting done when away in the van!! Some venues offer secure gunsafe facilities for competitions and if pre-arranged, which may solve the problem:RollEyes:

Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Bit further afield buttdoes anyone know of a club nr Almeria in Spain My friend is an excellent shot and wants to visit the area next yr and wants to bring his gun:Eeek:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
yep a site called altgymbyd about 10mins from llandegla shoot they both have websites i think use both or mid wales shooting ground you can park at the shooting ground dtl etc llandegla has dtl skeet and a few others lol

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
You could also try some of the shooting magazines - lots of ads for grounds, holidays, coaching etc. My magazines are not to hand, or I'd look something up now. Sporting Gun, Clay Pigeon Monthly, BASC and CPSA s magazines and quite a few more.

N Wales: Llandegla Shooting Ground, North Wales, or
North Wales Shooting School, Sealand nr Chester.

Penrith and District Gun Club, Cumbria

Just to name a few.

Hope you find something suitable.

Laurie

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You can look up clubs on the BASC website, or that of the CPSA - the Go Shooting section of BASC is excellent for resources like this. If you are planning to travel in your m/h with a shotgun it may be interesting for those of us who shoot clays to discuss securing methods which would keep the police relatively happy. Its one thing to travel to a competition for a day and keep your gun secured with you but if you combine that with a holiday in your motorhome it raises all sorts of security issues. I couldn't relax if I had my gun in the motorhome while I was out, and had to stress about it 24/7, hence don't get much clay shooting done when away in the van!! Some venues offer secure gunsafe facilities for competitions and if pre-arranged, which may solve the problem:RollEyes:

Laurie
Laurie if you took 5% of your cooking equipment out of your rear garage, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:you could bolt a single gun safe to the floor,it would then double up as secure storage when not shooting:thumb:
I have considered doing something like that myself as being an amateur shootist would love to have my guns with me if there were the slightest chance of popping a few clays whilst away:thumb: I know a central CL with shooting facilities
Do I feel a shooting meet coming on:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
M

Mitch

Deleted User
Clay Shooting

Wow, lots of like minded peeps :Smile:
I have a safe bolted into one of the belly lockers but many schools will do storage if pre arranged.
A "shoot meet" now there's an idea::bigsmile:

This place holds a monthly shoot for experienced SGC holders, no need to book just turn up on the day. Although if we had a meet it may be advisable to call them.
It's in a fantastic part of the world, just close to Abersoch on the Llyn penynsula in North Wales.
And it has it's own camp site :Smile:

Bob Valentine Shooting School

Thanks for the replies, let me know (pm) if anyone wants to get together for a few clays.
Mitch

OP
OP
M

Mitch

Deleted User
Clay shooting

ginge61...........cheers.
I took a look at www.alltgymbydcaravanpark.co.u

They have 3 dates a year on there own site events page. 50 clays for ÂŁ25 inc buffet.
Lokks great and it's about 30mins from me ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sounds great. i would deffinately be up for it. Can kids shoot? or what age do they have to be? or can i shoot kids:ROFLMAO:. If you get something sorted out let me know we would come.

OP
OP
M

Mitch

Deleted User
Caly Pigeon Meet

Hi , just to follow up on this old post.
Take a look at the link, we could have a Shoot Meet if you're all still interested:Smile:

Let me know what dates you can all do, try and give me 2 dates from the "Events" dates on the site, hopefully we can get a date that suits the majority.
I'll do the leg work from there::bigsmile:

Mitch

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back