Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi

I listed a few classifieds last week.... Overnight I have had a couple of emails referring to the items, but I have not opened the emails, I have done them as a "view source" as the emails look a bit spammy.

How do Funsters contact those selling via classified ads? Does an email come or a private message?

Cheers

Russell

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would say you have to look at them if you want to sell your stuff , just looking at an email is not very dangerous unless you open attachments, if you have a virus thingy you should be ok :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Russel I would PM the seller :thumb: but as Chaser says you can open the email just DON'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS -anything from unknown sources with atts goes stright into the bin
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
How do I know the username of the seller when contact came by email?

Russell

Hi Russell, if the contact came by email and not in your PM messages then provided it has no attachments you can open the email and read the contents IE who from etc --It is the attachments that can contain virus etc,--so long as you click on them to open them you will be able to read who sent them ok :thumb: NEVER open atts without you know why/who from (in advance) if you are not expecting atts from anyone you know ,best not to open the attachment bit :winky:
Lots of emails from parcel delivery co's have these dodgy att's so keep an eye open for them ::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
How did they know his email address though? When people on the forum want to contact me it is always by PM?

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Right click and view message source you can read the message in all the html code.

OP
OP
Rapide561

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Advert

Hi

Got to the bottom of this - the email was genuine!

I looked at my own ads and when clicking on the ad, the email address popped up in a box. So that must be how that works!

Russell

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back