Classic Radio Comedy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by John Laidler, Jun 19, 2016.

1. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I've just downloaded four episodes of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again from the BBC iPlayer Radio site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009zbr2

They date from 1973 and will run out soon, there is only five days left on one of them. With John Cleese, Graeme Garden etc this is wonderful buffoonery.

Unlike the iPlayer TV side there are no geographic limits so I could download them here in Italy. Only 24Mb an episode.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tincataylor

Tincataylor Funster

DBK,

I also am a lover of radio comedy both recent and not so recent. I well remember attending a recording session of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue in Torbay and it was wonderful, harmless, witty and spontaneous humour of a type that I believe is unique to our country.
    If you, or any other Funster, is interested I have every episode ever broadcast of The Goon Show and Round the Horne and I would be only too happy to zip the files up and send them.

Mr Tinca

• Like Like x 1
  3. houdini

houdini Funster

I've only fairly recently discovered the delights of Radio 4 Extra, what a treasure trove of old comedy programmes and entertaining drama. Finding it particularly relaxing while all the EU Referendum debates are going on, [is it nearly Thursday? I've already done my voting] much as I like Radio 4 there is just too much politics at the moment, so I'm escaping [have to live up to my name occasionally] there quite often. A good laugh makes you feel so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bill_OR

Bill_OR Funster

Excellent! Haven't heard ISIRTA since the seventies!

• Like Like x 1
  5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Somebody gave me the whole lot as MP3s a while ago. Classic stuff - I grew up with it and still quote bits of it from time to time in everyday conversation. Their Star Trek spoof was one of my favourites:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Brilliant, I didn't realise it ran into the 70's used to listen to it in the 60's.

I always remember the odd sketch like:

Doctor: Nuse Gotobed, take your clothes off.
    Nuse Gotobed: Yes Doctor.
    Patient: I can't see why she should take her clothes off.
    Doctor: If you can't see why she should take her clothes off your eyes must be bad.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1