Class A Motor Home Service Agreement (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi and welcome.. :welcomefunster:

would that be Butternut WI USA ? :Smile:

As this is a UK forum , I doubt there will be anyone who has used XtraRide ..

but you never know..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.

I dont understand how the thread title (Class A Motor Home Service Agreement) and the posted text (Has anyone used Xtra Ride Insurance) relate to each other :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ah!!!! now i see what it is.

an extended warranty contract/agreement for use when the manufacturers warranty has expired.

as Jim said, it will be unknown in the UK being an American company, but we do have the equivalent extended warranties, which arent usually worth the paper they are written on. :Angry:.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Have you had any experience of this as we are thinking of getting one for our car, is it worth it do you think? We wanted peace of mind should our car give us problems, we have too have a cambelt checked and a service done before they will accept us.At £278 for a year, we though that was good.no worries about mechanical problems for a year.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Extende Insurance Warrenty

When we purchased our Hymer, it came with a three year insurance warranty included in the package. We later found it cost £495.00 for the three year period.

Can't recall there name of the provider just now, but it has turned out to be a good investment, they have paid for a new charger/controller and new rear suspension, we are well in pocket.

Would I have purchased it independently?..........................no!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If its an AA backed one your in with half a chance, they are fraught with get out clauses, very strict on service intervals being maintained with tight overshoot millage and times ie miss a service by say 3 days or 200 miles then the warranty is totaly void, check very closely for phrases like " what is not covered is resulting damage" This could mean if your cambelt breaks they will pay for a new belt but not the damaged caused, you may get a bill for £1200
and a cheque for £23:Eeek:
Some items have to be physicaly broken, ie an alternator may not be paid for if it wears out, it has to break, same with starters etc.
The biggest get out is you still have to Pay for diagnosis, ie has the clutch broken or worn out you pay for gearbox out to find out, if it just worn you pay to put it back with a new clutch, if its broken up they pay for new clutch you pay the rest:Doh:
Also not all independent Garage will undertake warranty work, we wont,
They pay book times only the last one we tried to help a customer with they wanted to pay me £12 labour to fit a starter motor the custoner would have to find any extra, ie removal and extra time for broken/seized bolts, removal of other stuff in the way etc the book says its a 15 min job, it is in the factory:RollEyes:Im afrai your car wont even cast a shadow on my workshop for £12:ROFLMAO:
See where and how this is going:Doh:
Some are good, some are just ok, some not worth the paper
Geo

OP
OP
J

Jgunders

Free Member
Jun 13, 2012
Butternut
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
i'm a newbie
Have you had any experience of this as we are thinking of getting one for our car, is it worth it do you think? We wanted peace of mind should our car give us problems, we have too have a cambelt checked and a service done before they will accept us.At £278 for a year, we though that was good.no worries about mechanical problems for a year.
I haven't had any experience, we don't know if it is a good deal or not.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
consider them like PPP

I would consider them in line with payment protection plans or insurance.. or as a sieve .. full of holes (get out clauses).

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back