pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.
Old thread or not,just thinking outside the box Doh.
If you took a "C/van" towing/instruction course,would this upgrade your licence to the level you want,it must be cheaper,is it a way around the other courses.?
I should know this,but,knowing it would not have earnt me any more MONEY LOL
Tea Bag
Even if it did it would only upgrade your car licence to B+E.....car up to 3500kg with any trailer up to vehicle train weight..
It wouldnt give you a C1+E....tow vehicle over 3500kg plus trailer, total combined weight 12000kg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Mel.
No,i mean the one you do to enable you to tow a caravan,you then take a test,i believe people passing the test today,cannot tow a trailer/c/van,until they upgrade their licence. I used to see a chap with a box trailer on his car,at the local HGV test station,giving instruction,the pupil then went out with a tester .
But then again,this may only qualify you up to 3.5t. Gross max weight..... Back to the drawing board LOL

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Mel.
No,i mean the one you do to enable you to tow a caravan,you then take a test,i believe people passing the test today,cannot tow a trailer/c/van,until they upgrade their licence. I used to see a chap with a box trailer on his car,at the local HGV test station,giving instruction,the pupil then went out with a tester .
But then again,this may only qualify you up to 3.5t. Gross max weight..... Back to the drawing board LOL
Ah I see, when you said 'course' I was thinking of the type that the Caravan Club etc run! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi.
Old thread or not,just thinking outside the box Doh.
If you took a "C/van" towing/instruction course,would this upgrade your licence to the level you want,it must be cheaper,is it a way around the other courses.?
I should know this,but,knowing it would not have earnt me any more MONEY LOL
Tea Bag

No, doing that only gets post 97 licence holders a B+1E.? to tow a gross of more than3.5t. instead of the B that comes with a modern car licence.?

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back