CL site open all year!! (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Why do CL's stay open for 12 month's and not give any hard standings. I spent 2 hours yesterday stuck on one in Norfolk. Slight sloping grass ( away from track).
I'd emailed them stating I'm in a motorhome and they didn't mention the condition of ground. No one on site when I arrived and when someone turned up they had to ring someone with a 4x4 to get us out. Out and of too Seacroft in Cromer for a couple of nights and then on to somewhere.
So stay clear off Antonia Villa CL this time of year, well anytime really,seemed very shamby.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
First rule of motorhoming.. especially with front wheel drive ..

* Never drive onto grass without checking the condition of the ground.. *

even in summer, sites can get waterlogged.. and even a heavy dew,can have a Ducato digging trenches.. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
First rule of motorhoming.. especially with front wheel drive ..

* Never drive onto grass without checking the condition of the ground.. *

even in summer, sites can get waterlogged.. and even a heavy dew,can have a Ducato digging trenches.. ;)

Yep - and my monster mats always get deployed under the front wheels when parking on grass regardless of the weather. Might be bright and fine during the day but you never know what it's going to do overnight - and I never trust the forecast.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
If you have a means onboard of inflating your tyres afterwards(compressor), just drop the tyre pressures to almost nothing, drive gently out of the mud/grass, and inflate your tyres once on firm ground.

Got that t-shirt.....:D

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
CLs are not camp sites that the thing to remember.

They are people with a bit of land that make use of it to get some extra cash.

They are also used by tuggers and tent campers so motorhomes are not always considered as the people running them may have not the first idea of camping or caravvanning or the needs or limitations of a motorhome.

You have to remember to ask about hard standings and whether you will need to drive across grass to get to them - some of them will attempt to help by putting slabs or gravel down not realising that its no good if you have to drive across grass to get to them.

Mt rule is always park so that your route off is downhill as this usually stop you getting stuck

And get some £19.99 snow chains from aldi

Phill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Some years ago we were on a site in south of France. After heavy rain the ground had softened and it was obvious that we would have trouble driving out.

Rather than damage the ground I went to see the owner who thanked me for not trying and brought his tractor around to " gently" pull me out.

Unfortunately he was a bit too keen and started to pull before I could release the handbrake . Result - two furrows cut by locked wheels, about five feet long.

Just goes to show that however hard you try things can still go wrong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back