cl & cc ?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by tezzer22, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tezzer22

tezzer22 Deleted User

hi im new here can anyone explain what cl and cc means when talking about parking places/sites ?

2. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

a cl is a certified location and usually only allows around 5 vans on and these can be places like farms and pubs etc whereas cc is a caravan club site which are bigger like the one i am on at the moment at great yarmouth race course

3. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

I dare say it's blindingly obvious but one has to belong to the Caravan Club or Camping & Caravan Club to use their CLs and sites!! Personally I prefer the freedom of CLs:thumb:

4. Caztur

Caztur Funster

CC = Caravan Club who have a network of CLs which are Certified Locataions - the owners hold a licence via the Club so they can accomodate up to 5 caravans or motorhomes - Club Members only.

C & C C = The Camping & Caravanning Club who have a network of CSs which are Certificated Sites - same idea, up to 5 caravans or motorhomes plus as many tents as they can fit on subject to safety regulations, also Members Only.

They are many and diverse - some have only limited facilities, some are as good as commercial sites. Prices vary from cheap to reasonable. Could be behind a pub, on a farm, in a vineyard, stately home or anywhere, really.

The Clubs also have their own Club Sites, run by the Club or (in case of C & C C) under a franchise arrangement - these can be any size and most have full facilities. They are generally of a very high standard of cleanliness & organisation compared to most commercial sites.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009