Cite de de l'europe- is it ok since jungle went (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
has anyone overnighted at Cite de de l'europe since the jungle was dismantled.

We haven't used it for the last couple of years due to migrants issue

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Son stayed there last week, no problem, we been a couple of times earlier this year, also no probs,

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Actually we stayed in June when the jungle was occupied and we never had a problem then. There were quite a few posts on here at that time.
As it's no longer there, I can't imagine it's any worse than when occupied and that was none.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I suspect that people were frightened into thinking the Jungle caused problems to motorhomer folk overnighting in the Cite De L' Europe carparks by the obscene "reporting" by the "small" papers which increase their ciculation by preying on people's irrational fears, mostly caused by the papers themselves.

I blame Thatcher (and that odious Murdoch)

JJ :cool:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We were there again just over a week ago. Spent the night there 5 or 6 times this year and have never had or seen any problems.
There are usually about a dozen vans there overnight so you're not on your own.

Richard.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Stayed there a total of 4 nights this year, in the spring and autumn, and they were all peaceful nights with no problems, and all for free. There is now a Bourne with fresh water and dump at the newish garage on one of the roundabouts.

Just seen that peter as I filled up there about an hour ago...

I have just come through it all this afternoon and didn't see anyone at all that looked like a jungle dweller :xblink:

But I can think of nicer places to stay... as it all looks like a prison camp to me..:(

I'm now on Montreuil sur Mer for tonight....:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Just seen that peter as I filled up there about an hour ago...

I have just come through it all this afternoon and didn't see anyone at all that looked like a jungle dweller :xblink:

But I can think of nicer places to stay... as it all looks like a prison camp to me..:(

I'm now on Montreuil sur Mer for tonight....:xThumb:

You're right, there are lots of nicer places to stay. But for stocking up at Carrefour in the evening and an early crossing the next morning it's perfect.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
When going over to France I tend to catch a train after around 4 or 5pm. Going to Cite Europe means I can fill up with diesel and plenty of food. By the time that is done it is often getting dark (we tend to travel spring ot autumn). So we are in no hurry and have no desire to drive in the dark, so have a meal a glass of wine and get our heads down

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Was there this last January.. Arrived at about midnight.. zonked out and left the following morning,,,, Did not actually see another soul the entire time we was there !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back