Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
my montaj is on a Ford E450 stripped down chassis and all 4 cigar sockets have lost power. After spending 2 days checking every fuse I am about to re-wire the sockets with an in line fuse, unless someone knows where they have hidden the fuse!
A large orange wire is split into 5 wires feeding the sockets, the normal E450 has separate wires and fuses, but these are missing for the the stripped down chassis

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you trace the orange wire or is it in a loom ?

Is it ign switched or permanent ?
Ign switched wil be from the dash fuses, unswitched could be from the hab or dash fuses.

But Americans have no logic so the fuses could be anywhere and probably not feeding an orange wire in any case.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
What Make is the coach? Winnebago for example, have most of the wiring diags for their products available on their Website?

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Ok thanks for the replys
The sockets are independent of the ignition and always on.
The RV is a Gulf Stream, I have a workshop manual for the ford base vehicle but does not detail for the stripped chassis. Gulf Stream are less than helpful since tony left, e.g won't be buying another RV made by Gulf Stream

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Ok I temporarily rewired the sockets directly to the battery to get us going since the alarm immobiliser is powered by the same fuse and we are in Spain. Interestingly a relay clicked in which means there is a drain on the battery since the sockets are always on! American wiring

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back