CI module (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Here in Southern France we have picked up a good number of Sat channels that may be worth a look but most need a CI module. Where do you get this from, is it a card for a slot on the receiver? Do you need a different one for each channel. An explanation of this would be much appreciated.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
CI is the adapter Common Interface. These allow to purchase a CAM Card for viewing payed services which are encrypted normally. Some TVs and Set Top Boxes already come with the CI Slot. You can search for CAM card services and decide which one is best for your requirements. Hope this helps.
Phil.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's a card that plugs into the side of the TV that allows you to receive certain "pay" channels. Different ones allow you to see different channels. As you've no doubt spotted there will be a number of channels on your EPG that you can't watch. These are the ones that need a card.

The general consensus is usually that they're a waste of time unless you're really desperate to watch a particular channel that you can't possibly receive any other way i.e. by streaming the channel online.

If you really want to try them out eBay is your friend:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ci-card

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clever Claire
Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Hello again Nick, just followed your link and the result is speaking a language we don't understand!!! Which one do you choose, do they all do something different!!!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks Nick. Can you get the sky channels which are transmitted on Astra 28 with this module?

I wondered if that's what you were after.

If you want UK channels the best way to do it is to take your Sky box from home with you.

I've never seen one but there might be a card available that will let you watch Sky channels but it won't be cheap - they are not a dodge or work around, they are a fully licensed legal way of watching the channels so expect to pay the same as you would to receive them in other ways.

The ones in the link are all different. If you click on each one it will give you more information about what it's for.

EDIT: I've just had a look and I think the answer above is wrong. As far as I can see no you can't get one to (legally) watch Sky channels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back