Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi our friends are looking to buy a motorhome and have looked at this model, has anybody got any knowledge of this van and what its like, good buy or not quite the ticket any advice greatfully received thanks Lynne:RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
hi Bubble have a look at my blog. If you go through the older blogs you will see I had a CI. I also had a owners report published for MMM

I loved the CI. Not the best built model in the world and shades apart from our adria that we now own. But sturdy and strong in my opinion. Like many vans they are subject to a bit of damp so get it checked carefully. Ours was a 2003 carioca, what model is your friend looking at?

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
ci

hi its a 2004 with only 7000 miles on the clock, seems to be in good order but he is new to motorhome ownership and has asked our advice and we had never heard of this model before and we have previously been caravaners so we told him we would ask on here as everybody has been so helpful to us when we need advice. we have a hymer so cant comment on ci's::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi haganap thanks for your post just found out that its a fiat 2.0 JTD ci carioca 22 5 berth 2004, any knowledge please.:RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi haganap thanks for your post just found out that its a fiat 2.0 JTD ci carioca 22 5 berth 2004, any knowledge please.:RollEyes:

the 2-0jtd is quite underpowered so we utilised a re-map to get the performance we required. The Carioca range is a decent budget range but do get it damp checked as they are prone to it through poor sealing. Also it should be cheap and I mean cheap. they have appaling resale.

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi thanks again what sort of price should he be thinking about, any ideas please.:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
depends if its trader or private. I have seen some ridiculously priced. somewhere between 15-18k depending on all the obvious, condition etc.

as a guide I sold my 2003 about 18months ago for 17495k privately. it was very well looked after

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hello bubble before owning my van now, i hired this ci about 3/4 times not a bad starter van but a bit budget range, but still good and will suit a small family. We enjoyed staying away in it but it was our first times away, we ended up buying lunar roadstar 786, if you can get it at a good price make sure it was not a x hire van i was offered the van we hired 2005 model for 18k but never bought it hope this helps.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have a CI Mizar gtl 2.8 jtd. 2006 7 birth.
Before we bought it we looked at loads of MH. Trying to find our perfect layout. To no avail till we saw the Mizar . We had A £30k budget. So just managed to get this.
We could have bought a newer model , of various makes , but found most of them to be of poorer build internally.
Like entry level caravans realy . With an engine.
OurMizar GTL is solid and roomy. it has an excellent cooker ( 2 shelfs ) and hob with extractor fan and a large fridge with separate freezer, hard wood units ,good shower with proper bi-fold door.
It drives well has diesel heating and alko air suspension fitted.
Ours also came witha fiamma 4 mtr zip store , and a 4 bike rack too, being previously owned. Things that we would have wanted to fit.
We have seen older models for sale for more than we bought ours for and think we have got a good deal.
The only downside in our opinion is the fabric.
This was a known fault by us. It does not wear well. poor choice when manufactured. Although it was in reasonably good nick when we got it we have noticed it has worn more , on the edges of the seats.
We are booking her in to Regal furnishings after the summer for a complete new look, curtains and all.
I don't know the model your friends are looking at . But the CI Mizar GTL is great.
Bev

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
The mizar that Bev refers to is a cut above the Carioca range. The Mizar is indeed a nice van and we were torn between the GTL and our Adria. We opted for the adria as it suits our family with its very versatile layout.

But dont get confused by the two. The Mizar range is far more plush and that is reflected in the price.
Like Bev my own personal choice between say a Mizar brand new and a hymer 5 years old would be the new Mizar every time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back