CI Carioca 656 ('05 reg) relay panel fault (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It would appear that the reason my fridge won't run on 12v whilst driving is because of a fault in the relay panel that sits behind the driver's seat. All other possibilities have been checked.

I'm told that the only way to fix this is to buy a completely new relay panel.

Have you experienced (or fixed) a similar problem in this model, and if so, is a new panel the only solution or can individual relays be replaced?

How much is a replacement panel likely to cost me, assuming I fit it myself?

Thanks.

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As a follow up to my own post, in the hope that the info may be useful to others, I decided to get a second opinion from a CI dealership on this fault and found it wasn't the relay panel, which would have cost me around £250 plus labour to replace.

The problem was a blown 40 Amp in line blade fuse situated next to the charger unit under the driver's seat. Cost of replacement 99p.

My thanks to Malcolm's Motorhomes of Stoke-on-Trent for their time and effort in locating and fixing the problem that the independent service engineer who first checked it had missed. The labour cost for this was very cheap by comparison with replacing the relay box, which wouldn't have solved the problem anyway.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well thats good news. Glad you got it sorted.
Im surprised no one answered your original post and suggested doing it. There are usually loads of folk willing to help on here . It must have been a quiet day :Smile:
Who knows it may help us at sometime too as we have a CI .
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back