Church House Inn - Torver, Coniston (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone stayed at this campsite? Cannot find any reviews. Thinking of stopping there for a few nights in May. It looks like a good location for some hill walking, with the convienience of falling out of the bar and in to the van at the end of the evening::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We've stayed at a rally across the road some years ago. If its the right pub (there are two) it was a charming olde worlde place with a lamb being brought up in the hall way with dogs and a restaurant where we didn't eat. You are quite right, there was good walking in all directions from the Old Man down to the lake and the town. We'd be happy to go back, but I can't comment on the site at the pub. We stayed a couple of hundred yards away, I think there's a CL at the rally site.

fraggle

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
blackpool
Funster No
MH
lowprofile starspirit
Exp
3days
church house coniston

just been looking for this pub that takes motor homes in coniston
earlier this year the chef and licencee handed the keys back to the pub chain because of the lease has a clause in about full repair cost is his responsibility and could not afford to keep up the repairs on a 200 year old building that has had nothing spent on it for 20 years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you still want to stay in Torver, don't despair, the CL already mentioned (Shepard's View, I think) is just as good, basic but so was the pub site. The other pub in the village also does nice meals and was more welcoming than
Church House. We've stopped at both now and preferred the CL.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back