Scrubnuts

Free Member
May 11, 2008
Lomba do Rei Portugal
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
The wife fancies going away for Christmas to a Christmas market.
I know they predominate in Germany but they also happen in other places as well and i wondered if anyone has visited a market with their MH/RV and if they could recommend a market with campsite (open for Christmas ) that we could visit.
Regards

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi papajohn was thinking of doing a christmas market trip, sure he will see your post soon and reply, they all close for christmas though, there are o fof a few weeks before christmas.:Smile:
ruth

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi there,

We have visited VALKENBURG in the LINBURG area of HOLLAND several times for the Christmas market. A fantastic place with lovely christmas lights and trees on every street corner, the shops really do the thing for the run up to christmas day.

There are 2 markets which are held in the underground caves, you can buy lots of lovely christmassy things. You will have to check when the open, usually around the first week in December.

You can travel by local train to AACHEN in GERMANY and visit their christmas market which is held in the area around the cathedral, you can also take the Train to MAASTRICT, (I think thats how you spell it) where there is also a lovely christmas market.

We stayed at CAMPING DEN DREICH which is literally about 2 minutes walk from the centre of VALKENBURG. Travelling from DUNKERQUE was 210 miles and took us about 8 hours from Ferry to site, that included several comfort stops and the SAT NAV getting me going the wrong way on a BELGUIM motorway. We spent 7 days there, Sat - Sat.

Go for it and have a great week away, enjoy the delights of VALKENBURG, taste the HOT MULLED WINE complete with special glass/mug, taste the different food which appears at various restaurants.

Hope this is helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back