Christmas markets Northern France of Belgium (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Lille - having been to the Braderie (huge Sept weekend flea market) in a MH last year, parking may not be easy. I believe there may be an aire in Lille, but if for any reason you can't get in there, the best recommendation I can make is to find street parking close to the Cinque Cantons stadium and take the Metro in/out. We've considered all the possibilities there, believe me. Nearest campsite we could find to Cinque Cantons was Camping du Grand Sart, which did the job but the lady in charge speaks no English, so brush up on your French if you go there.

Brussels - not well supplied with campsites at all, and a couple of them are best avoided (we've been). However we have used Camping Grimbergen to the north of the city, which is fine provided you don't arrive during the warden's long lunchtime, which he observes religiously. Bus stop nearby, with MH day parking also possible near the Atomium in the Expo area, and a Metro station not far away.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We don't have that time available I am afraid.

book a day eurotunnel ticket say just after midnight on a saturday drive to brugge spend day and evening there you wont be disapointed. on way home visit Ypres and Gravelines or just one of them return home before midnight sunday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Our daughter and son in law will be coming over from the USA to stay with us this Christmas.
J
We were thinking of taking them in the motorhome to visit a Christmas market maybe on 19, 20 or 21 December. Are they still going that near Christmas? If so can anybody recommend one that we could go to with a Aire with electrics nearby. We could go as far as Brugge but not sure if they have a Christmas market
Bruges definitely have Xmas market but only been As Eurostar/hotel customer. Very beautiful there that time of year. If someone can answer the Motorhome questions then you're sorted!

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
book a day eurotunnel ticket say just after midnight on a saturday drive to brugge spend day and evening there you wont be disapointed. on way home visit Ypres and Gravelines or just one of them return home before midnight sunday
Thanks. Have some tickets left on my frequent traveller account.

Bruges definitely have Xmas market but only been As Eurostar/hotel customer. Very beautiful there that time of year. If someone can answer the Motorhome questions then you're sorted!
Thanks. Already know there is a good Aire in Brugge.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
IMG_0417.JPG

Brugge Christmas market

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I'm going to be honest.. We have been disappointed with every Christmas market we have been to in France. The Germans seem to do it so much better...

Haven't tried the Belgians. Might give them a go this year although we may just stay home as funds are tight

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
I'm going to be honest.. We have been disappointed with every Christmas market we have been to in France. The Germans seem to do it so much better...

Haven't tried the Belgians. Might give them a go this year although we may just stay home as funds are tight
Ultimately they are all very similar in what they sell. Whether it be Birmingham, Nuremberg, Lille or Brussels. Bruges has the added bonus of a truly beautiful setting which is why it would get our vote every time :)

Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Obernai is ok in Alsace. We're spending our second Christmas there this
year.

Feb 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c
Exp
Since 2010
Germany is the place to be for Christmasmarkets. If any of you has time than this http://www.weihnachtszauber-schloss-bueckeburg.de/ is absolutely worth a visit. The Aire (with electric) is next to the market, only a few minutes walk. It is a stunning scenery, espacially when you are there during the evening. They have a beautiful lightshow at the Castle. A must see!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back