Christmas in the van

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sally47, Sep 10, 2014.

1. sally47

sally47 Funster

We can't go abroad this year for Christmas so would like what those that go away for Christmas and new year do or go when staying in this country are their any rallies on or do you go to club sites I know it's a bit early but it's creeping up

2. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

Ive always wanted to go away at Christmas but Jo is very much a home bird at that time of the year:rolleyes:
    brian and jo

3. Clayton9

Clayton9 Funster

Hi.

We are going to go to glenshee in scotland for christmas and new year. Hope to get some snow.

Cant wait.

Wild camping all of it....

• Like Like x 1
  4. calion

calion

We have been to a club site for New Year and a commercial site for Christmas. Often the club sites will erect a marquee and arrange some social activities, quizzes or bingo or something completely different! We only did it as we never see any family, so its not really a special time for us and we just wanted to get away from all the hype! I probably would do it again.

5. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

Me too, I want to put the time to good use and go away. I really fancy being all cozy inside over winter and looking at some incredible views, but Di wants to spend an hour with her boys on Christmas Day

6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Many of the CC club sites which hold Christmas Rallies will be be pretty well booked up by now. You will also find that many DA Christmas meets within the C&CC stipulate that you must have attended a number of weekend rallies earlier in the year to be eligible for their Christmas rallies.

7. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I have been away at Christmas in the van and at Centreparcs etc but I prefer Christmas at home and then maybe go away for New Year to wherever has a good Curry House

• Like Like x 4
  8. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

New year for us will be with the MCC local group at Oswestry rugby club..
    Have a few days there with our own hall for new year celebrations..

• Like Like x 2
  9. tambo

tambo Read Only Funster

Just hope the snow gates aren't closed lol its a long walk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

1. [​IMG]
      meandersFunster - Life Member
      Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :Wink:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. :BigGrin:

Best wishes ...... Robin
      meanders, May 10, 2014Report
      #1LikeMulti-QuoteQuote
      1 person likes this.

This rally is on for New Year, we are joining this group for the New Year as far as I know there are still places available. I am sure you will be welcome.

11. RS_rob

RS_rob Funster

Hoping to spend Christmas day @ home as its a ritual now get up crack open a beer cook breakfast, have family round, drink more & cook a full on dinner followed by the evening of reflecting on how much food just went in the bin whilst drinking my extremely expensive whisky.

New Years im available & want to get away for a change....................................

• Like Like x 1
  12. RS_rob

RS_rob Funster

just copy the link next time :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  13. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

We've hosted new year rallies for the paSt 3 years the laSt two at Uttoxeter races...

This year we have no plans whatsoever...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Christmas at home. New year were off to Scotland a town called Moffat spending New Year's Eve in a restaurant /bar called Brodies .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clayton9

Clayton9 Funster

Hi tambo.

Any other ideas for us?. Just thought we would wild camp and drop in to glenshee and other parts of cairngorms.

Many thanks

16. kcy

kcy Funster

I love spending Christmas here with my children and panto in bridlington with grandchildren, but Steve wants to go to the algarve so this year instead of going in January I said I'd go Dec as a one off, you never know I might enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We have both managed to book Christmas and New Year off for the first time ever in our working lives.
    We'll be heading for a guaranteed white Christmas in the Alps!

No over eating, no vegging in front of the TV, just great views and fresh air!

Can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Have had both Christmas and new year away in previous years. I tend to use club sites because they are cheaper when travelling solo. The Windermere C&CC (although not at Windermere) is great, there is even a small country pub on site serving food. Also stayed at the Southport CC site, from which you can walk into the town for your Xmas lunch. We have always catered in the MH as most places charge an arm and a leg for Xmas day. Having an elderly mother who doesn't eat a lot makes this a better option. Also we like the challenge of a full 4 course traditional meal cooked with less facilities than available at home.

19. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

We're leaving son home alone (he is 32!) and spending pre-Christmas at Baltic Wharf, Bristol for the last time before it closes.

We realised that we were half-way to Cornwall so we're booked into Ayr Holiday Park for Christmas week, overlooking St Ives, Cornwall and only a 10 minute walk into the town.

Too soon to come home so then on to Looe for New Year which, by all accounts, hosts an amazing fancy dress street party and firework show.

That should round off a pretty 'unusual' year nicely (y)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

We are trying to decide what to do good weather make life easy just go away but bad will be stuck however dont want to go away and get stuck