LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Christmas in Portugal.
we are in the middle of Portugal heading for the Algarve for the winter and want somewhere to head for Christmas.
we spent a cold and lonely Christmas last year in Canterbury and want a change.
anyone know where they have a good knees up for Christmas?

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Christmas

We are booked on the CC&C rally at Albufeira, a really good 'do' for Christmas and New Year.

Malc:thumb:

bluemog

Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
3 years
Albufeira rocks!

Hi

We have a townhouse in Albufeira and I can guarantee you will have a fantastic Xmas but more particularly a brilliant New Year's Eve at the fishernman's beach at the Old Town in Albufeira. They put on an excellent show and the place is heaving with revellers and not a sign of trouble to be seen (imagine in UK?) Everyone walks around all evening with bottles of champagne (fizzy wine) whilst drinking in the bars but at midnight all the champers is opened and it resembles something out of an F1 podium! One of the few times when it is advised to drink rain!

The celebrations go on until 4.00 am (probably longer but at this time I feel the need for bed). Next day at lunchtime there's not a scrap of litter or empty bottle to be seen (again draw your own comparison with UK) Obviously there is the opportunity to take things much more casual and restaurants and bars offer quiter alternatives although in recent years more and more are closing for winter. There's still plenty open giving a choice of cheap 'tourist' menus - 9 euros for a 3 course dinner or a full a la carte with sky's the limit. A pint of beer can still be had for 1.50 euro which makes for a good time!

The local council have opened a new aire at the old football stadium and it has all the facilities and is really close to the Old Town and within walking distance of The Strip (bedlam!).

I will be there over Xmas and New Year with friends (also motorhomers) so if you are in the area and want a small imbibe then give me a shout. I retire in January so it's a case of returning to UK for 3 weeks, retire then jump in the MH and meander back again to Albufeira for a month or two then chart a course to return to the UK for what is I believe called rather optimistically 'Summer?'

I hope this of help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Albufeira

We are also booked in at Albufeira for the CC&C Rally over the New Year. Spending Christmas with Family in Lisbon (Daughter married to a Portugeese man)
Salt Cod will make a change from Turkey on Christmas Day!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are booked on the CC&C rally at Albufeira, a really good 'do' for Christmas and New Year.

Malc:thumb:

Thanks for the reply but we let the cc&c club lapse in August when we knew we were coming over for 7 months we are near Lagos now so not far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back