Christmas in Calpe (Alicante) !! (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
All the "get ready" stuff will be done by tomorrow so we kick off on Friday morning to spend Christmas/New Year at Camping Calpemar but have decided to check out Camping Marjal at Crevillent, for a few days, on the way. Will be on the lookout for any "Funsters" at both locations... if you spot us, (see avatar) then come say "Hello" and have a mince pie !
Don't quite know what wi-fi connections will be like so will say it now..... Merry Funster Christmas to you all::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards, Bryan

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I know i shouldn't wish away the years (and there are quite a few to go yet) but we cant wait till we can up sticks after a nice family Christmas.
Heading off to warmer climes , just the two of us.
I cant help but be a little bit green with envy:winky: Have a lovely time , and remember us all freezing and working away back here. Have a lovely Christmas too.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Safe trip Bryan. We might meeet up down there?
We leave tomorrow. Friday night at Birmingham Chapel Lane to meet up with our friends who are Assistant Wardens there and then 10am train on Saturday morning Cant wait!::bigsmile:
We'll be on La Merced till late Feb' Wont get ours on Calpemar:Doh:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobclayden

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Two Years +
Calpe.

am Green with envy.Are you going to climb to the top of the "Penon" I always did when I was there.:cry:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
am Green with envy.Are you going to climb to the top of the "Penon" I always did when I was there.:cry:

Climb? There was a day, but nowadays a gentle stroll is about the limit, but for sure we will give it a go.:Smile:

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Left it a bit late !!!

Last hurdle cleared this morning, left it a bit late having ITV (MOT) done today but MH passed with flying colours. Forgot until last night that it expired whilst we are away and managed to get appointment this morning............... so we are off in the morning::bigsmile:

Regards, Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+

DEFINATELY! ::bigsmile: A magical place and done it many times on our "flying visit" holidays to my folks. This will be the first time in Calpe...........well, in Spain at all ! with our rig so its going to be fantastic going up there and knowing I'm not flying home in the morning::bigsmile:
I have this crazy idea to be up there, either when the sun rises or falls but that obviously leaves the dangerous bit about walking when its dark and I know that people have been "helicoptered" off there! S8d that! I couldn't bare the shame. So a few more reccie missions called for. The thought of spending the night up there in a bivvie bag is awesome but it depends on the weather.:ROFLMAO:

Have a wonderfull Christmas pips and I hope the big guys brings all the presents you hope for.
My biggest present will be the first Chrimbo with Mum & Dad in 6 years since they moved down there. Cant wait.::bigsmile:

Ps for Bryan.
Dont knoiw if you've been up there before, but you dont have to go all the way to the top for a wonderfull view of Calpe.
Walk up to the tunnel through the rock (about halfway up) on a good, safe, reasonably easy path for good views. Care needed through the tunnel cos the rocks are VERY slippy, even when dry, cos of the wear of so many boots.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a safe and enjoyable journey and Happy Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back