Christmas Festivity period (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
My friend and myself are planning to have our own "steam up" at my house with our miniature engines on Bank Holiday Monday.
We will be steaming my 4 1/2" scale Burrell engine and his 3" scale Marshall roller at my home and terrorising the local estate.
It usually involves lots of friends and family, mulled wine, bacon sarnies, recorded fairground organ music and absolutely loads of frustrated dads, whose kids all want an engine.

It certainly breaks up the feeling of being stuffed full of food and tradition and is just a good laugh.
I have met loads of people through doing this that normally just pass by, and we are now speaking neighbours. I have even met people who are building their own engines that I didn't have a clue were even interested in them. One lives less than 200 yards away from me.

If you have a hobby or past time that you indulge in, let your neighbours know.
It is amazing how many lock themselves away in their own world for fear of ridicule.
I am always taken aback by the amount of people who, shown someone elses hobby, say, I would have loved to have done that but................

If you can trace me from my avatar, profile or whatever and want to join in then please do.
If you can't find me and still want to join in then contact me and I will tell you where I am.
You don't need an engine, but if you have one, please bring it.
It is just for fun and amusement and is totally disorganised and we usually do it again on New Years Day.

Merry Christmas to all Funsters and a Very Happy New Year

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Merry Christmas to you, sounds a really good idea, I think anything that brings people together is worth while, have a fun filled Holiday Monday :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back