Christmas Dinner (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
What are you having for xmass diner as I always cook the diner at Christmas after much discussion and a few yucks from a certain person we have decided we will have
lobster to start for us
melon boat for him
chicken for him
duck for us
roasted sprouts
roasted route veg
mash
roast spuds
Christ mass pudding for them
fruit salad for me
hoping to keep the carbs down with lots of nuts and fibre

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Looks like a good 'un Bill :xThumb:

Don't know what we're having - we're booked into a hotel for Xmas dinner & they haven't put the menu out xroll: Apparently it's 6 courses :xblink: but of what we've no idea :xgrin:
We're camping in their carpark and we get use of the gym & pool Xmas day and Boxing day :xsmile: after 6 courses I think we might need it :xwink:

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
We will be at one of my son's for Christmas dinner - it's been booked since July - so will eat "what we are given" . Now that sounds like my dear old Mum when I was knee high to a grasshopper. You know how it was - "You'll eat what you're given" and "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you" and many other 'mother' expressions.

We will have boxing day with just the two of us and then on Sunday we go to daughters' for another Christmas dinner.

Have a good one everybody.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Cook takes the day off on Christmas day, so its left to me to take charge.
Not given the starter much thought as yet.
Slow roasted brisket done in the slow cooker over night.
Pork loin roasted in honey and Guinness.
Accompanied by roasted sliced carrot and parsnip with roast spuds and mash. Green veg to give colour.
Have noticed they have suckling pig on offer at the Masymas, so I may give that a try.
Desert, Chocolate bomb, done to perfection in the halogen oven, just crispy on the outside and soft in the centre, coated with brandy sauce as its the festive season. All served on our patio outside the trailer in Benidorm as of course the sun will be shining.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We are having traditional Chinese!
Centred around a big pork loin with honey and soy sauce glaze.
Very festive :xgrin:

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hubby is cooking this year I will sit and prepare the veg. It's turkey and all the trimmings , followed by a choice of puds. Christmas pud, mince pies or after eight vienetta

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Alright for you lot! I suppose we'll nip into Morrison's on Christmas Eve and see what's on the reduced shelf. If we're in luck there'll be a sell by chicken like last year but if not it'll probably be the sausages dressed up with a bit of streaky or even the "basic" sausage meat done in a loaf tin, looks presentable sliced on the plate. We've still got some of the Christmas pudding from a few years back that gets beefed up with some Bristol Cream each year and re-heated. We're poor but 'appy. Have a nice Christmas each n all. :party3:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Roast turkey
Roast potatoes
Carrot and swede mash
Carrots
Bread sauce
Peas
Stuffing

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Just the 2 of us this year. We are starting with a pint at the pub after a walk along the river. We will have roast pheasant breast for lunch with all the trimmings. Not sure to be honest when lunch will take place, we might stop for another pint on the way back :xblink:
Like @ rangitira we may fit some champagne in to our hectic schedule.:xsmile:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
For the first time in our lives we are eating out for Christmas lunch. We are going to a local restaurant with a group from the camperstop. We don't know the menu yet but it won't be traditional British!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Chicken, gammon joint with homemade cranberry glaze, all the usual trimmings and pudding homemade trifle and a tiramisu.
I'm not sure what I can eat as my dental treatment didn't go to plan:xangry: so might be mashed potatoes in there with lots of gravy.:xwink:

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
We have @NickNic around for Xmas lunch, so I will be doing a traditional Cornish Christmas lunch.
Put a 10lb chicken in a roasting tin and add a bottle of red wine, a bottle of white wine, a bottle of port, a bottle of whisky and a bottle of brandy. Cover with foil and slow roast for 4.5hrs.
Take out of oven and leave to rest for 30mins.
Then chuck the chicken away and drink the gravy :xThumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
a great surprize today our barin is going to be home for Christmas's he has managed to swap his duty with one of the guys in his troop so we will be having him and his family round for Christmas diner the wife is all terry :crying:me I have bought more booze
bill

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
a great surprize today our barin is going to be home for Christmas's he has managed to swap his duty with one of the guys in his troop so we will be having him and his family round for Christmas diner the wife is all terry :crying:me I have bought more booze
bill

Men are always the practical ones Bill:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back