falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We will be travelling back home from the south of Italy towards the end of November. I would like to venture into Germany to look in on the Chrismas market etc and then pick a route from there. However, I believe snow chains which I do not have are compulsory in Germany.

Finally, any particular Chrismas market people can recommend considering I will be coming up from the south and then on to UK from there?

Francis

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We will be travelling back home from the south of Italy towards the end of November. I would like to venture into Germany to look in on the Chrismas market etc and then pick a route from there. However, I believe snow chains which I do not have are compulsory in Germany.

Finally, any particular Chrismas market people can recommend considering I will be coming up from the south and then on to UK from there?

Francis

And don't forget the Umwelt sticker.

Umwelt Zones Reminder - Touring and Tenting

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We have been to Christmas markets at:-

Rudeshiem-en-Rhine,
Koblenz,
Cologne
Aachen
Valkenburg, Netherlands
Bruges, Belgium

and they were all very similar and well worth going to, however I am sure there are a lot more that would proberbly suit your route home than those I mention, so I have put the link below, hope it helps

German Christmas Markets - 2009 Market Dates & Locations - For the Original Romantic Christmas Markets visit Germany - German Christmas Fairs & Xmas Markets

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

While on the subject of Christmas Markets we are intending to visit a few in Late November Early December if anyone fancies join us.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We will be doing the mosel valley mid December on our way back to UK for Christmas.
Have been to Germany many times in the winter and have never carried snow chains.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back