Chlorine Taste in Water! (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Each year I sanitize the fresh water tank using some tablets I purchased from Zappy http://zappysblog.co.uk/wp-content/...iners-in-Motorhomes-RVs-Caravans-Boats-v8.pdf

This time I filled and emptied the tank about 5 times following the cleaning but when tasting the water there's a distinct twang to it - a bit like chlorine I'd guess!

Other than rinsing over and over, is there anyway of getting rid of this yuk taste?

Cheers

John

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A Nature Pure filter will take out the taste.... we recently fitted one and sometimes we also use purification tablets and the drinking water is very pure.

We had a 3M filter which did also remove any taste but the replacement filters are hard to come by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds just like the normal tap water in the Wokingham area courtesy of South East Water or Thames Valley, been tasting it for 30 odd years:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If Derek's suggestion of leaving a full tank for a day doesn't work you could try using a water filter jug. We started using one (Asda own brand) after suffering off flavours from bowser-supplied water at Stratford.

It doesn't do the job which Nature Pure does but it works OK to remove off flavours from potable water.

old spinner

Free Member
Apr 26, 2013
France
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Water taste

We have a similar problem which we think is the taste of the new water tank. The water used to fill the tank is OK before filling, but not after:Sad: Could this be cured by any of the above?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The nature pure filter system with its own tap is not a cheap option but is 101% guaranteed solution to any and all water problems
Inc all taste clarity and microbe content problems
You can literally use river water with this system:thumb:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back