Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
IMG_5328.jpg

Sadly had to make the awful decision this morning and have Chloe my smallest Yorkie put to sleep. She had a good innings at 'almost' 16 but dementia was taking it's toll on her behaviour and quality of life so it was time to let her go. Despite having 2 other dogs the van just doesn't seem the same without her mooching about in it :Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
So sorry to hear your news.

I lost my fella earlier this year and still totally lost without him.

My deepest sympathy on the loss of Chloe

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi ninjayorkies

So sorry to hear of your sad loss, being a dog lover and always taking rescued or in the case of our current dogs ones that could not be used for breading due to epilepsy, have been in your position so know the loss you feel.

But unfortunately it falls to us their friends and companions to make sure they don't suffer.
But they can't take the happy memories built up over years away from you.

Will have you in our thoughts.

Joan & Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
sooo sorry to hear that, it must be the hardest decision in the world, Susie is 14 now and the time will come for us to make the decision as she has an enlarged heart and is on vet medin so our heart goes out to you.
We all love our animals and this time is the headest to bear.
We are thinking of you and deepest sympathies.
Take care. Trish and Terry

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to hear the news. Its not an easy decision but it is always for the best.

We also have a Yorkie aged 16 Betsy. She is at the moment still enjoying herself.

Sonja

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So sorry, to lose your pet is just dreadful in whatever circumstances.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So very sorry that you had to make that awful decision ... one that we all dread and hope that nature takes it out of our hands.

My thoughts and hugs are wish you at this sad time. Remember, the little one was loved and had a good life with you and that is something to treasure. Big hug. Joy

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Sorry to hear that. The hardest decision to make but for the best.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Sorry to hear about Chloe, you will miss her no doubt. You had many happy years together and she had a good life which is a small consolation.

Kath & Howie

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Sympathies

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my little Gypsy in 2008. (Hence the username)

We'd been to the CC Nationals in Norfolk and she came 6th in the Veteran Dog Show.

Then as we stopped over in Skegness she took a massive fit (had been having them regularly) and I had to find a vet for her.

She licked my arm in the waiting room, I like to think she understood.

Try out the gonetoosoon.org website

I visit my garden regularly.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Try not to be sad( said with a tear in his eye) you did the last loving thing you could do for a best friend .It is so sad when we lose our pets :hug:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
IMG_5328.jpg

Sadly had to make the awful decision this morning and have Chloe my smallest Yorkie put to sleep. She had a good innings at 'almost' 16 but dementia was taking it's toll on her behaviour and quality of life so it was time to let her go. Despite having 2 other dogs the van just doesn't seem the same without her mooching about in it :Sad:

We had two Yorkies, Benji and Ozzie, 4 years between them, both from the same bitch different sires. Both of them gave us a lot of joy for 15 years each but both had to be put down because their quality of life had deteriorated so much in their latter years. We have said we will never have any more because the descision to let them go was so traumatic.:Sad::Sad:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Only 19 days since we lost our dear Bryn, so our sympathies are really heartfelt. You know, though, the decision you make is the final act of your affection.

Steve

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Its the final act of love we can give our pets to end their suffering. You just know in your heart its the right thing to do..Its a pity we don't do the same for our fellow human beings who suffer.

Forever in your heart.

Shirl

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
So sorry to hear the news of Chloe she lived to a grand old age and you must have many happymemories of her. We had a Yorkie "Gypsy" she died nearly three years ago she had gone blind, deaf and incontinent. I had her as a rescue from the RSPCA when she was six year old.. I now have a 2 1/2 year old yorkie " Muffin"
Run free Chloe at Rainbow bridge
Lin

Dafodil

Free Member
May 6, 2011
surrey
Funster No
MH
Golden oldie
Exp
A whole year!
So upsetting when we lose a member of the family....Such a hard decision,we "know" is for the best.......
BUT hurts like hell x

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
So sorry to hear about Chloe. It is the hardest decision to let go but the kindest for your friend.
We lost our little cat last year so we know how hard life seems without her so we know how you feel. Our thoughts are with you.
Lucille

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Very sad to hear of your loss of Chloe but so brave of you to let her go and set her free to be a puppy again somewhere. :Sad::Sad:

Ivy

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
So sorry for you. It is utter heartbeaking when u lose a pet. We have all been there so many times. Thinking of you and Chloe and this awful time.xx

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Thank you for all of the kind words. For a small dog she's left one huge hole. My friends are having this picture printed for me to frame. It was taken when we 1st hit the road last year and the donkey had tried to eat her feet. She wasn't very impressed ::bigsmile:

DSC03644.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back