Chistmas and New Year Site

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sedge, Nov 5, 2010.

1. sedge

sedge Funster

Trying to find a site that is a) open over Xmas and b) has some sort of bar/ restaurant facilities where one could have the occasional meal, few drinks and most importantly, Xmas lunch (or dinner) and just about ready to shoot myself!

The CC apparently have 3 - Cromer - fully booked, Harrogate - fully booked for Xmas but not New Year and Hillhead at Brixham which does have vacancies. Unfortunately, I am finding it impossible to discover what their actual facilities are, and especially over the festive period.

I'm sure Cromer would have suited us - but afraid I can't be doing with having to book things months and months in advance. And Pete defo can't!

Anyone able to give us a clue, or suggest some place else? Would be OK with a nearby pub or whatever. We can't really do without hook-up for that length of time! :Rofl1:

2. RVfulltimer

RVfulltimer Read Only Funster

Hi Broad Holme Caravan Park is open all year round ,we are the site wardens but wont be here for christmas as off to Spain ,its a private site with a pub /resturant two hundred yards down the road ,16amp lecky and hard standing www.broadholme-caravanpark.co.uk £12 per night abit quiet but nice only 15 pitches , we had christmas lunch at the pub last year and had a good time ,the pub is the fishermans rest broadholm lane Belper ,not trying to sell it just thought it might help cheers lol and judy.

3. sedge

sedge Funster

Thank you - I thought that was quite a big ask TBH, but no point in not saying everything you'd like, pity you haven't got the indoor pool, spa and massage service - but never mind.

Seriously, your site sounds really nice!

Keep em coming, folks!

4. aba

aba

i noticed that the craven heifer pub at skipton has a CCC 5 van site.
    if thats of any use:thumb:

andy

5. algill

algill Funster

Waterfront Country Park at West Stockwith near Gainsborough is open all year. There is a pub, Waterfront Inn, near the site entrance but don't know if they do Christmas Lunch. The pub's just changed ownership and the food is good. Also another pub about 10 mins walk away.

It's a nice site, next to Chesterfield canal and River Trent.

Gill

6. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

We often use the CC site at white water in Stockton as it is near to us, they still have vacancies for Christmas.
    There is a Whitbread pub next door that is doing Christmas Day Lunch.
    There is also a Gym/Leisure centre close by that let you have full use of all their facilities for £14 day.
    An added bonus is the Teesside Park shopping cente 10 mins walk so you will catch the boxing Day sales

:thumb:

7. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Stockton is full from 28 Dec to 01 Jan. Shame, it looks quite nice !

Ooops, forgot I was marauding as Pete!

Jenny

8. Blondi

Blondi Funster

We can highly recommend the Craven Heifer Inn - fantastic food and great service.

Bus stop on the main road just outside the pub.

Only slight downside - can be a bit breezy there.

Pete and Di

9. JJ

JJ Funster

Zahora?

JJ

10. sedge

sedge Funster

Just realised didn't say thank you to anyone, how rude. Thank you!

I also note I can't spell Christmas - Ooops!

I'm looking at all these, that canalside one looks OK but re the pub, it has 'not good' reviews for food and prices recently on the Notts pubs website - so I dunno, we'll have a look at all of em anyway.

Not including Zahora though, TY JJ - if only! We are not retired yet unfortunately so time is at a premium and although in the past we have driven silly miles in silly times, we don't now. But any way, just don't think we really have enough time on this occasion to make it worth it.

11. algill

algill Funster

If the reviews for the Waterfront Inn at West Stockwith are more than 2 months old then thats before the current owners took over. I wouldn't have eaten there then but I would now.

Gill

Edit = I've just checked the reviews and yes the landlady has left who is mentioned in the last review in August.

12. Doddy999

Doddy999 Read Only Funster

We are here over the New Year, going up from Devon to be with relatives.
    Large site I know, but lots to do in the area, including Liverpool.

Code:
    http://www.riversideleisurecentre.co.uk/

13. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We are going to Aviemore Boxing day until after New Year. We are staying here.
    http://www.highrange.co.uk/la_taverna_ristorante.htm

We are eating out for Xmas lunch too . First time i haven't cooked for 9 people for 17 years , so it will be weird .
    I wont have to do the mad Asda shop at all this year:Rofl1:

We will be going to http://www.oldbridgeinn.co.uk/contact.html
    for Hogmanay.
    Its been highly recommended to us. The foods gorgeous. Really looking forward to it , so are the kids.
    Now they are older , we can enjoy a proper Hogmanay out with with them.

We have done rallies before , over New Year, with the kids. But thought it would be nice to do a proper Scottish one , before they think its too uncool to go out with mum and dad.
    We cant wait . :thumb: