Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. We have the 2.2 100 Multijet on our Sundance 580PR.
Can anyone tell me if they have any experience of chipping this engine and if so, what improvements, if any have been made?
My other half has been searching for info throughout the net and there seems to be a lot but he doesn't know what to believe by way of increases to mpg, etc.
Any help please?

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi. We have the 2.2 100 Multijet on our Sundance 580PR.
Can anyone tell me if they have any experience of chipping this engine and if so, what improvements, if any have been made?
My other half has been searching for info throughout the net and there seems to be a lot but he doesn't know what to believe by way of increases to mpg, etc.
Any help please?

Have a look at http://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/quantum-remap-tuning-chip-ecu-engine-remapping.aspx, input your vehicle details into the motorhome section and it will give you the details you are looking for.

Mike

OP
OP
C

carken

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike. Just had a quick look on the site and the remapping sounds helpful. Other half is wondering if a chip is better as it can be removed for servicing etc.
Does chipping give the same type of results as remapping?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Remapping, (by a reputable company), is the best way to do it, all chipping does is increase fuelling across the range, often with maximum turbo boost from tickover which destroys clutches, any firm who knows what they are doing will remap via the ADL port of your van,via a laptop, nobody will ever know unless you tell them, no need to do anything when servicing, can be put back to standard if required. :thumb:

OP
OP
C

carken

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks. That's definitely on our list of to do jobs now.
Others include led lights, a generator - probably a Honda EU20 - and another leisure battery. Getting ready for a lot more trips than we ever had in 15 years with the caravan. Really looking forward to it. :yeah::thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I and many others on here have had excellent results from WOW Tuning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back