Chinese sat nav (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Anyone had trouble with the battery mine is less than a year old and won't work unless it's plugged in

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Anyone had trouble with the battery mine is less than a year old and won't work unless it's plugged in
The battery on mine doesn't last all that long in use, but that's something I've noticed with Garmin and TomTom models as well. It doesn't lose charge when switched off anywhere near as quickly as the TomTom.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
The battery on mine doesn't last all that long in use, but that's something I've noticed with Garmin and TomTom models as well. It doesn't lose charge when switched off anywhere near as quickly as the TomTom.
Ours turns off as soon as you turn the ignition off then you have to reprogram it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ours turns off as soon as you turn the ignition off then you have to reprogram it
Try having a look at settings, as I am sure you can customise the on/off sequence.

When I turn ours back, it continues where is left off, but only if the programmed journey wasn't yet completed.

HTH,

Jock.

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If it won't turn on at all without external power then it does appear that the battery is kaput. Otherwise, it's probably settings as per Jock's post above.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Can someone help please.
As my map update and adding other maps (not EU) going to be on the SD card, how can I change the Navi Path
from
ResidentFlash\Primo\PRIMO.EXE
To
SDMMC/ PRIMO.PRIMO,EXE

Can't find the way to add a new path to the paths list.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Can someone help please.
As my map update and adding other maps (not EU) going to be on the SD card, how can I change the Navi Path
from
ResidentFlash\Primo\PRIMO.EXE
To
SDMMC/ PRIMO.PRIMO,EXE

Can't find the way to add a new path to the paths list.

You have to copy all of the content of the primo directory to the sd card as well as adding new or updated maps. Here is an instruction I prepared for changing the navi path:

Broken Link Removed

It will give you the idea of how it is done but you will have to use your own folder identities.

Best of luck

John

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks John.
When selecting Navigation path setting window, the only option I get is the resident one. How to add the SDMMC Option?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to be a pain people but I have downloaded the manual but cannot see were it tells you how to add poi. May just go back to the Tom Tom.. tHanks for all your help

Was just about to say you should have bought a tomtom....but most of those dont allow third party POIs now.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My tomtom 1005 does John but I no longer use it. Tom tom mapping is expensive and not up to date enough.
It is called community content

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My tomtom 1005 does John but I no longer use it. Tom tom mapping is expensive and not up to date enough.
It is called community content
Buy a new 'un....lifetime map updates, 4 full map undates a year, regular user map updates....and lifetime traffic updates on many.

I find most map updates arent worth bothering with.
they may show a new bypass...but bypasses have a beginning and end so you will get back on track withing a few miles or so.
new trunk roads are extremely rare and if you cant read roadsigns then you shouldnt be driving.

My last tomtom was around 6/7 years old using the original mapping and i never got lost....drove across a few fields according to that but never got lost.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They've been forced into that by customers voting with their feet.
I'm very happy with chinkynav.
4 full map updates does not actually quantify anything, it sounds like a lot but you won't know what it is in reality or where. In practice I found tomtom maps disappointing quite often.
Also routing is rubbish
Fastest or shortest still make a mess of it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Everyone to their own Andy...i prefer tomtom.

I used to use a NAVMAN unit years ago......

The only reson i still have it in a drawer is, while driving through Spain the passengers window was closed after ripping the nav off its mount in frustration/anger and hurling it in that direction.

Had the window been open im sure a passing Spaniard would have found a free, if somewhat bloody useless, navman

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
They've been forced into that by customers voting with their feet.
I'm very happy with chinkynav.
I'm very happy with mine too, and have kept my faithful TT720 complete with my Truck maps, and customised POIs.........................just in case. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes it have a SD card but without the maps yet.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The card seems OK on the PC, it came with a file on it named: device.nng 1KB. I don't know what the file for and not sure if I can reformat the SD.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back