Chinese Sat-Nav Screen Glare - Solved (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
There have been a number of complaints about the screen glare on the chinese sat nav rendering them unuseable. Whilst annoying I would not go as far as saying that.
I think I have founund a solution.
Whilst looking for a screen protector for my 10" phablet I came across a universal anti glare protector manufactured by a company call Portdesigns. I found them in our local ASDA store at a cost of £6 for a pack of 2. They are available in 2 sizes 10" and 7" the latter is £3 for 2.
The protector has a matt finish and can be trimmed with scissors. After fitting one to the phablet I decided to try the other on the satnav and the improvement is great and I am impressed it looks like my old Garmin now. There is no reflection from the screen at all. I am just waiting for the sun to come out to give it a full test.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours has a very long lead so I have put the mount at the very top of the screen on Angela's side of the rear view mirror as run the cable under trip down to the socket in the dash. The didderence is amazing, no glare at all and handy for Angela to programme it being much higher and closer. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No stock in either of our 2 closest Asda stores the other day so I ordered a pack on eBay and it arrived today. At first view it looks like it will work, certainly better than the one from Poundworld that I tried previously. Like @lunarman though, I'll have to wait for more sun to test it fully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back