Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Much as it was bang out of order and, IMHO, against Forum rules, I've got to say that I for one am chuffed that I managed to save the link before it was (quite rightly) pulled.

Personally, I've always thought that Chinese/Japanese RV's are loooooooong over due, they'll probably be better quality and better value for money than European offerings and would probably be just the kick up the a£$e that the UK/European caravan/motorhome manufacturers need.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
A Chinese RV manufacturer thought they'd try some free advertising on here but the Mods/Admin quite rightly pulled it quickly.

Edit =
If the Mods/Admin think it acceptable, I'll happily PM the link to anyone with interest.
If you DONT think it acceptable, just let me know either in this thread or via PM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
A Chinese RV manufacturer thought they'd try some free advertising on here but the Mods/Admin quite rightly pulled it quickly.

Edit =
If the Mods/Admin think it acceptable, I'll happily PM the link to anyone with interest.
If you DONT think it acceptable, just let me know either in this thread or via PM

I don't have a problem with mods pulling free advertising, but they can't object to you sending a PM to anyone.

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Having looked at thw whole site, TBH, you're not missing much.
Mainly text (english) with a few poor photo's of some VERY cramped looking japanese coachbuilts on Nissan Cabstar chassis (which surprised me cos I always thought the Cabstar would make a good base vehicle-thought they would have done more with a conversion than they seem to have).

Also, links to a very poorly layed out Japanese site with the surprising addition of a very English looking Autosleeper conversion on a Merc Sprinter.

Attachments

• autosr_s.jpg
    autosr_s.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 26

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Anyone want the link from the spam just PM me:Smile:

As for Jap imports we had a Jap importer as a sponsor here, Supercamper, he even took on a trader forum. Some of the vans he imported, mostly bought from auctions, looked great, he brought them in for customers on a flat commission (I think) He got very little interest from this forum so he did not continue with the sponsorship here is the link Link Removed,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
why cant you just post the name and leave it up to us to goggle it...I for one would like a look::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the nissan cabstar is now built in china under the name yuejin. they have been building them there for afew years ,john one of the funsters as one its petrol on lpg. very nice. i have been monitoring the growth of chinese truck and van industry for a while, europe is in for a shock. they build some cracking vehicles over there . lots of european and japanese companies are investing in china .they arent building just copies they are building new vehicles. the quantaties put our manufacturers to shame. two or three more years i think alot of us will be buying chinese and liking it. dont be suprised when more factories on the continent start closing. i hoped to visit the new chinese factory in maroc this year it will have to wait till next. believe me change is on the way.the quality is getting better all the time. cheers alan.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Personally, I've always thought that Chinese/Japanese RV's are loooooooong over due, they'll probably be better quality and better value for money than European offerings and would probably be just the kick up the a£$e that the UK/European caravan/motorhome manufacturers need.

Thoughts?

Not a kick up the arse, the death-knell of another lump of EU manufacturing. Once the Chinese get it right then at best the EU big boys will transfer production to China at worst they go out of business.

Luckily we are in niche market territory here with much customisation and low production, that might save the EU. First to go WILL be FIAT. A chassis is decent volume and standard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back