Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I think many of us have Fiat base vehicles with our cup holder opposite the gear stick. I love drinking my tea from a big china cup but I can never find a big one that fits the space. I don't want a truckers plastic thingy, I do want a handle that doesn't foul the holder. I know there is a risk of spillage but I can live with that.

Has anybody found the perfect cup?

As an aside, as a boy, my mother insisted on bone china and I could not understand it.... I've morphed into her, even down to the smart arse sarcasm.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sorry--I can't really picture how mug with handle fits in your cup holder but as I also like giant mug of tea how about:
Broken Link Removed. Or

Broken Link Removed

Or even
Broken Link Removed

Like this one one Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Dunelm on Bolton Gate Retail Park have a range in white china with a poppy motif that are long and thin and fit perfectly in said cup holder apart from handle but they do in fact sell a mug without a handle that they advertise as a used tea bag receptacle, I kid you not!

This was another post by the ever helpful Badknee :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Dunelm on Bolton Gate Retail Park have a range in white china with a poppy motif that are long and thin and fit perfectly in said cup holder apart from handle but they do in fact sell a mug without a handle that they advertise as a used tea bag receptacle, I kid you not!

This was another post by the ever helpful Badknee :LOL:
I'm on it, I'll be up Turton Street first thing tomorrow.

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Sorry--I can't really picture how mug with handle fits in your cup holder but as I also like giant mug of tea how about:
Broken Link Removed. Or

Broken Link Removed

Or even
Broken Link Removed

Like this one one Broken Link Removed
Nice try but the handle would get in the way with all three.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We've just bought our first motorhome, a Lunar Roadstar 720 and there was an interesting 'fitting' on it in relation to this thread. It is I think a soap or shampoo holder for a shower that has been adapted to form a cup holder for the driver( or passenger) I have uploaded a couple of images to show you.
There is an identical one fit in the shower but only has two suction pads so the 'fitter' must have been using a large heavy cup or mug.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Cupholder1.jpg
    Cupholder1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 27
  • Cupholder2.jpg
    Cupholder2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Cupholder3.jpg
    Cupholder3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 30
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Just checked the images and it doesn't really show the positioning of the 'cupholder' but it is attached to the fixed lower glass of the drivers door window of a Fiat Ducato 2004

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back