Apr 28, 2008
rayleigh, essex.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi everyone,
We are taking our 4 year old grand daughter away with us and are looking for a child seat that has a harness to hold her in the seat ( not the seat belt type) just wondering if anyone has used one and can recommended it, also we dont have isofix fittings in the van.
Thanks.

OP
OP
chasthedagger
Apr 28, 2008
rayleigh, essex.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The daughter in law is really safety minded and thinks that the little one could slip her arm out of the seat belt type so could only be belted around her waist which i have to agree would not be good.
Hence the harness type which is what they have in their car is what i need to find.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We had something like this. But it used the 3 point seat belt to attach it to the seat. Suitable up to the age of 12.
Can't you use the one your son uses ? Or is that fixed in different ?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Me thinks folks are confusing seats that use 3 point to secure Versus tho§e that use 3 point to restrain
The Op needs to explain futher

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Me thinks folks are confusing seats that use 3 point to secure Versus tho§e that use 3 point to restrain
The Op needs to explain futher
Indeed, at 4 years old, the harness type seat belt is not recommended (size and weight of child matters) should be moving on to the next stage which incorporates the seat belt of the car, albeit with safety guides for the belts.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I think your best bet is to take the seat she already uses with you. She's used to it, you know it's the right one.
If you feel you have to buy one, go to either Halfords or a large Mothercare branch. Take child's height and weight with you.
My daughter's had to go from special insert in baby seat, because of undersized baby, to a seat suitable for normal height 3 year old with low body weight! She has the in-seat harness and it's all held in place with the usual car seat belt. It's not a simple process buying a kiddy car seat! Your brain will ache by the end of it.
Halfords ( and poss Mothercare) will fit the seat for you.

P.S I think the latest one for youngest is a Graco (?) but I can check tomorrow. if you want.

OP
OP
chasthedagger
Apr 28, 2008
rayleigh, essex.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
My sons seat is an isofix type which wont fit in our motorhome no isofix points, so we need a seat with harness type straps which will fit on seat with standard seat belt.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The daughter in law is really safety minded and thinks that the little one could slip her arm out of the seat belt type so could only be belted around her waist which i have to agree would not be good.
Hence the harness type which is what they have in their car is what i need to find.
Our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter can get out her harness type seatbelt no matter how tight it is, think she was houdini in a previous life. When we had to use her brothers seat, like the one from Halfords she was fine. whatever you decide, try it out in your van to make sure it is really secure, we had a slight mishap a few years ago. Found the ones which use the seatbelts for the child more secure than the ones where the seat is fastened with the belt and the seat has a harness.

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
We often take our 4 year old twin grandchildren with us. We have isofix and non-isofix seats for the cars - and both will fit in the MH with three-point seat belts (I thought all isofix would do this - ours came with an extra "bit" to allow this). If it's any help, neither have a problem keeping the belts on properly, if the head rest is properly height adjusted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back