Chickenrun portugal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User
i think i was being fair in only saying what i did due to the fact i didnt stay there but if you want it blunt then its reminded me of a bloody Itinerant site and a stack and rack em site or you can park i n the field if you can hack your way through it more bluntly if you want its a bloody dump

I fully agree with what you are saying but I suspect the weather at the time had not been good and because of the state of the field more units than normal would have been using the hard standing area leading to overcrowding. This is not a good situation and needs managing.

A lot of work has been done to the site in the past, when we first looked at the site in March last year the grass on the touring part of the site had been been mown, the sun was out and everything was dry, the place was tidy and everything seemed very pleasant indeed.
Since then there seems to have been a general lack of maintenance, admittedly the weather at certain times has not helped,combined with overcrowding on the hard standing area has led to the rather squalid feel of the place now.

The site has tremendous potential as a small CL type site and it would be a shame to see all the hard work that has been put into the place go to waste. That is only my opinion of course, others may see it has 'Rural & Rustic', laid back and relaxed.

I do not make these comments with any malice and I hope that Lesley and Andrew take these comments as constructive criticism.My views are not everyone's and if trade is good then there are obviously enough others with different expectations to me.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
i think i was being fair in only saying what i did due to the fact i didnt stay there but if you want it blunt then its reminded me of a bloody Itinerant site and a stack and rack em site or you can park i n the field if you can hack your way through it more bluntly if you want its a bloody dump

Now that I understand, its your opinion its clear why you did not stay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have nothing to do with the Chickenrun. They do not advertise here. When I stayed there I was not on a freeby, I paid the same as anyone else (bugger:Smile:)

Speak as you find:thumb:

It's a rustic ram shackle site, plenty of clean water. the elsan point should really be condemned but it's useable:Smile: There are plenty animals running around the owners have dogs horses and I think they now have some goats. The owners are especially friendly and accommodating, you can park where you like, no hassle. The pub is good and nearby, the village has a couple of great shops and a superb butcher. The owner will give you a lift into town anytime you like and collect you when your three sheets to the wind. We enjoyed our stay, so did Katie. Here are a few pictures of our stay.

A sign of things to come

IMG_0103_zps7f5019c4.jpg

Katie doing Schoolwork
IMG_0112_zps2d10da8a.jpg

It is a bit rustic, birds are not allowed on the Barbie
IMG_0117_zpscff7de35.jpg

Gary (Flatpackchicken) flying his flags
IMG_0121_zps9b68f27d.jpg

Katie went out on the Site owners horses.

IMG_0129_zpsda4648e2.jpg

Managed to get some work done between beers, that's not my dog, well it was for the week but we left it there:Smile:
IMG_0139_zpsa9c1ea0e.jpg

The site owner's girls (not pictured) made Siân a birthday cake
IMG_0148_zps6cca0a61.jpg

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Looks perfect... We're definitely still going ... :winky:

Deleted User
I have nothing to do with the Chickenrun. They do not advertise here. When I stayed there I was not on a freeby, I paid the same as anyone else (bugger:Smile:)

Speak as you find:thumb:

It's a rustic ram shackle site, plenty of clean water. the elsan point should really be condemned but it's useable:Smile: There are plenty animals running around the owners have dogs horses and I think they now have some goats. The owners are especially friendly and accommodating, you can park where you like, no hassle. The pub is good and nearby, the village has a couple of great shops and a superb butcher. The owner will give you a lift into town anytime you like and collect you when your three sheets to the wind. We enjoyed our stay, so did Katie. Here are a few pictures of our stay.

It was scenes like this that attracted us to the place,( apart from the flags....can't abide flags.) see above posts, things change.

PS can you use smaller pics, took 10 min to download on weak site internet.:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
No swimming pool, no bar or restaurant, no fully serviced toilet block, no washing up facilities, no .......

Sounds perfect :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
We have had loads of PM and personal e mails offering encouragement and support and again we thank you all, but it such a shame funsters are saying they wont and are put off from posting on the forums because they dont want to get involved with petty, sad individuals and a lot more harsher comments which I wont repeat on here, they are saying its unfair because a lot of funsters take time and patience replying and helping people with problems and questions and its spoiling it for them, lets not forget its called MOTORHOME FUN !

show the messages where ppl are calling others sad individuals all this says is that you are using so called personal messages and emails to stack the odds to your side if you think saying anyone who does a negative post is a sad individual then you are totally wrong maybe i have read it wrong but i doubt i have when you read between the lines of your post also the pics jim has posted have been done once why repeat them go to your field and take some pics now which show your site in a different light :Angry:

Deleted User
"Petty and sad" for posting my honest opinions on a forum which is a public forum that the owner of the site is a member of and able to express their opinions, I don't think so.

As far as I know I have only ever met one other member of this forum so to be labelled petty and sad by people that have never met me and do not have the courage to voice their opinions publicly I find ironic to say the least.

I have voiced my opinions about the site based on my experiences without getting personal or making derogatory comments about anyone at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back