Chicken Run Campsite - Portugal (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Now things have settled down at carols work, (not for the person who lost her job though), we hav decided to pay the chicken run a visit in september. weve already got a ferry, dover/calais so will change the date for that, and have a gentle meander down there , chill for a hwile, then amble back. anyone been there, comments etc.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We stopped there for 12 days in Feb, we planned to stop for 3.

As you approach the site for the first time you'll think WTF :Eeek: The hedges on the single track lane open up and the first view of the site from a distance looks glum. The back drop, about half a mile away is a motorway bridge, then you'll immediately see three large mobile homes up on 4ft high blocks and it looks a bit dale Farm'esque. Then as you get closer you notice the orange trees and the touring vans parked by them, when you pull in, you realise you are entering a very nice rural site, there are plenty of places to park up and you can choose wherever you like, full sun, shade or a mixture of both.

The owners are great and very accommodating, the charges are good, plenty of electric if you need it, and crystal clear drinking water pumped from one of the wells. You can walk or cycle to the village in minutes, there's a great little pub withing staggering distance too. I wish I was back there right now:Smile:

NB, you never hear any traffic noise from the motorway, its too far away, but at night you'll need to get used to the whole of the valley's dogs howling you to sleep. The owners are planting hedges around the mobile homes which will hide the scruffy blocks they sit on

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Great info.Will hopefully visit in June:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
thanks for that jim, we'll be giving it a try in september, (meant to in feb/mar but we went to vale da cergonha to do some washing and ended up staying a month !!!!)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I will be down there towards the end of the year. Not sure when yet. But providing nothing goes wrong AGAIN!!! this year I don't want to spend a fourth winter in the UK....

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years