Chicken Run Campsite - Portugal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by darklord, Apr 4, 2012.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Now things have settled down at carols work, (not for the person who lost her job though), we hav decided to pay the chicken run a visit in september. weve already got a ferry, dover/calais so will change the date for that, and have a gentle meander down there , chill for a hwile, then amble back. anyone been there, comments etc.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We stopped there for 12 days in Feb, we planned to stop for 3.

As you approach the site for the first time you'll think WTF :Eeek: The hedges on the single track lane open up and the first view of the site from a distance looks glum. The back drop, about half a mile away is a motorway bridge, then you'll immediately see three large mobile homes up on 4ft high blocks and it looks a bit dale Farm'esque. Then as you get closer you notice the orange trees and the touring vans parked by them, when you pull in, you realise you are entering a very nice rural site, there are plenty of places to park up and you can choose wherever you like, full sun, shade or a mixture of both.

The owners are great and very accommodating, the charges are good, plenty of electric if you need it, and crystal clear drinking water pumped from one of the wells. You can walk or cycle to the village in minutes, there's a great little pub withing staggering distance too. I wish I was back there right now:Smile:

NB, you never hear any traffic noise from the motorway, its too far away, but at night you'll need to get used to the whole of the valley's dogs howling you to sleep. The owners are planting hedges around the mobile homes which will hide the scruffy blocks they sit on

• Like Like x 2
  3. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Great info.Will hopefully visit in June:Smile:

4. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

thanks for that jim, we'll be giving it a try in september, (meant to in feb/mar but we went to vale da cergonha to do some washing and ended up staying a month !!!!)

5. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I will be down there towards the end of the year. Not sure when yet. But providing nothing goes wrong AGAIN!!! this year I don't want to spend a fourth winter in the UK....

• Like Like x 1
  6. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

We will leave the UK on 15th sept, so may see some funsters out there:thumb:

7. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Hoping to get there for next winter.
    Look rural and peaceful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Oiii, I hope you lot leave some space for me :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: