Free Member
May 12, 2012
CARDIFF
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
since a child
Hi everyone just to let you know that i just checked my break down cover to see if emergency telephone numbers are the same as previous year only to find that my cover was only for uk and not euro cover as previous year so checked my invitation to renew and it stated euro cover etc etc when i phoned isurance company (well known) they checked there files and called me back (and that doesent happen to often) and said it was an admin fault but they still wanted an extra payment, to which i complained as my quote stated euro cover but as i am due to leave next week for france i felt forced to pay up and argue later. I then suggested what would have happed if i had broke down on the continent I think it would be sorry you dont have cover?.
check your cover cheers Les

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do not have that problem with Safeguard

Do not have that problem with safeguard.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We had a similar issue with Frank Pickles.
When we changed the Autosleeper to the Rapido I advised them that the Rapido was plated at 3,800kg. We went to France and and when I got back I checked the recovery documents and they only covered us up to 3,500kg I then contacted they and they said they had sent the wrong forms, they said they would sort it out.
eventually I had to ring them again and turns out that 3,800kg is now commercial and they changed the cover to Aviva.

Job done...

It would have been very expensive to have been recovered from France if we did not have that recovery in place, I dread to think...

Always worth checking the small print...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back