Cheapest fifth wheeler ever?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Is this the cheapest ever? Looks a nice oldie I did not realise they were that old :BigGrin: (nothing to do with me, just thought it interesting
    terry

e bay item no 270431042668

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi terry , thats newer than mine . mine started life in 1987. last week i nearly bought a lynton trailer for convertion towed by a very rusty transit.for 700 quid . if anyone is intersted give me a pm. its near manchester best dump the tranny ,trailer could make a nice 5er. i decided not to tow it back to cornwall . it will be available for a while i think . would make a project for someone. single axle ,puts a ton on pin ,3.5 ton trailer. side doors +ramp at back with stabledoor tops. it was a 1985 but trailer is all aluminium so keeps well. put the 5th wheel on another trannie or small truck like mine lots years left in it. electic operated trailer brakes. remember lynton have been making 5ers for years .google their site see a real 5er not for the faint hearted. its big.

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

the one on ebay was for sale last year. it could be made mot exempt .articulated vehicle not being an articulated bus .and being under 3.500 kg. see form v112 from dvla. the one i saw could as well.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

you wont see many of those in cornwall or the lakes.......

[​IMG]

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Alan I never knew they were that old :thumb:
    John bot many of them anywhere never mind Cornwall :Rofl1:
    terry

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i dont think i'd want one anyway.......looks too much like a mobile MRI scanner truck.:RollEyes:

7. vwalan

vwalan Funster

cant pull that one on a pre 97 car licence.hey. if anyone is interested i have the tel no for the one near manchester trailer would tow but needs 2 newtyres . if some one lived nearer n swapped the 5th wheel on to something else it would work. i didnt fancy a 380ml tow . was one of my wild ideas, but cheap project for someone. lynton make very good trailers n parts are available still for early ones .i am in the middle of fitting new axles n springs on mine .not cheap but necessary.i can recomend converting lyntons they are top trailers for overlanding.

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi pappa you could really upset your neighbours with that one . did you notice the littlegennie on back of unit.?

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

trying to send a pic of mine. but maynot work. i,m useless at this.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009