Cheap way of getting down to Cornwall (1 Viewer)

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
Hello all, thanks for looking.

As most of you know, me and Gazz split up last year, so I no longer have a motorhome to tour about in anymore. ( I cant drive either, so makes long trips more awkard, lol :Doh:

so I thought i'd come on here to see if someone could help me out with finding a cheap way to get to Cornwall? :Blush:

The reason I'm asking you lot, is because I'd like to take Jason down to Cornwall to visit his family for after his birthday, the only problem is getting down there for cheaper than £100+ each :whatthe: by train..

A train from Nottingham to St Austell, Cornwall via Birmingham is £138 each, which is crazy when you can go to europe for less than that.

dont suppose anyone knows of a cheaper way to get from Nottingham to Cornwall? train would be better than bus, as you can walk about on the train. :Smile:

Jason last went home 3 years ago, as he went from Nottingham via birmingham to cornwall. so i'd really like to figure a way of getting down there.

I've looked on the national express website, for train and bus, and from nottingham to london (on the train) is about £14 each for a single.. and then from london to cornwall is where it gets into silly prices.

also looked on mega bus, as they are cheap too.. but no one goes to St Austell from either nottingham or london.

dont suppose anyone is going down to cornwall anytime? lol :RollEyes:

If this is in the wrong place, please move. ::bigsmile:
Just thought i'd ask you lot, as you do lots of travelling about, thanks from Samantha.

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/uk-touring/22565-canal-lake.html#post273469

why dont you just ask for a lift

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Ya

Try Megabus.com or Megatrain.com they offer fares between major cities from £1 up. The cheaper fares are if you can book early.

Hope that helps

Kevin and Tricia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ScooterSam82

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
why dont you just ask for a lift

I'd love to, but dont know anyone whos going down to cornwall, well apart from JulianDavies, who i met at a motorhome show years ago, :roflmto:
his RV needs repairing though poor bloke :Sad:

anyone else going down to cornwall next month or so? lol ::bigsmile::winky: who can give us a lift.. hehe

lol @ broomstick,, i wish i could do that! :roflmto:

ok everyone thanks for your help I'll go off and look at those links.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
£178 off peak return within one month......thats the total price...not each, assuming the 5th may dep

im also assuming Jason is a child ?

THE TRAINLINE.COM

enter your dates and check the price,
shirl uses this service a lot.

OP
OP
ScooterSam82

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
£178 off peak return within one month......thats the total price...not each, assuming the 5th may dep

im also assuming Jason is a child ?

THE TRAINLINE.COM

enter your dates and check the price,
shirl uses this service a lot.

:roflmto: goodness no! Jason is my 'New' boyfriend! :ROFLMAO: bad pappajohn! lol. :Doh:
.. he does act like a child at times though, not wanting to do any housework at all, which is Ok by me, hehe! yey!

we'll see about cornwall for around september time, as I'm waiting to hear about some money I'm owed ::bigsmile:

thanks for your help everyone, sure we'll find a way of getting down there, even if i have to ask my second cousin for a lift in his car, as he works in france, lol! slight de-tour there me thinks. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back