Cheap water hose

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cal54, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

If anyone is interested I picked up a 75' (22.5m) expandable hose from B & M bargains yesterday for only £6.99. I'm not going to get into a debate about it not being food grade etc as I already have one of these and I am still here to tell you about it!!

Basically the inside of the webbing looks like silicone and as they take up such little space I really like them. This is a lot cheaper than similar hoses found at the shows

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Yes the real problem is Carol that you'll likely keel over from Boredom listening to me telling you that it needs to be Food grade hose ......or....... you'll get so cheesed off hearing it all over again that you'll blow your brains out in desperation, either way these cheap hoses will kill you!:wink:

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Especially good if tied round your neck @Popeye :whistle:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Perhaps you me @Larby @DuxDeluxe @Tootles should have a private meet at mine and put your theory to the test, I'll supply the hoze and the tree......the rest of you can vote for Lynch Mob and Crash Test Dummy. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

When??
    And can Dawn bring her gun as well?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chrisy

Chrisy Funster

I need to know if death is long slow and painful or can I expect to keel over suddenly? What symptoms should I look for?

7. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

With a hose around the neck, the prospect of actually keeling over is very small, at least until it is untied from the tree.

If you find bullet holes then, just for once, @Dawn B has got lucky (and you unlucky) and actually hit somewhere near the target.

@Cal54 - Carol - good find. Much appreciated

8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Isn't this what the spider said to the fly !!
    becareful he's trying to lure funsters to his WEB !!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Oh dear !
    We have been using a normal hose for 8 years now.. when will we die of it ?

The 3 or 4 short food grade hoses we have are all black and manky inside,, still use em !!

Sod it.. gorra die of something for heavens sake !!

Who will be more embarrassed standing at the golden gate ?
    Me, a biker, who uses weird hoses, eats all sorts of crap, smokes and drinks, or the health nut ?

St peter
    What you doing here..

Me .. Led a rather raunchy devil may care life

Peter.. OK, in you go..

Peter to next bloke
    What you doing here ?

Dunno, I led a very healthy life style to the point of never doing anything risky..

Peter.. well you can sod off straight away then as you cannot be dead !

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
  10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

The OP said he didn't want a debate.. but it's only fair to give both sides of the argument..

So here is a question..

Milk is sold in food grade plastic cartons.. about £1 for a 4 pint carton..
    If you could buy it in a non-food grade carton, say made of PVC , a known carcinogenic.. for 50p, what would you buy?

All food product sold in the UK are in food safe plastics .. there is legislation to ensure that manufacturers don't cut corners using any cheap old plastic.. Food Regulations 2012

This is not about taint in the water, it's about carcinogenic chemicals leaching out of the plastic.. you won't taste them or feel any ill effects.

I use food grade hose, haven't always done so, but since learning about the risks I bought the proper hose.

What I have never understood, folks quite happily spend 10s of thousands of pounds on a van... and then buy a cheap hose to save 20 quid..

but do your own research about plastics and cancer.. is saving a few quit worth the risk.. small or otherwise ?

Vinyl Chloride
    Vinyl chloride is formed in the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or #3 plastic. It was one of the first chemicals designated as a known human carcinogen by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). It has also been linked to increased mortality from breast cancer among workers involved in its manufacture.

• Informative Informative x 1