Cheap tunnel deal + B'ham to London deal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by WynandJean, Sep 11, 2013.

1. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

I wonder if this might be of interest to any funsters who use the tunnel?:

Twitter
    Use voucher
    [​IMG]
    Eurostar £59 rtn sale (usually up to £309)*Travel 30 Sep - 19 Dec from London, Ashford or Ebbsfleet. Excl half-term

From Thu

Book online at Eurostar* to pay £59 for a standard return ticket to Paris, Brussels, Calais or Lille for journeys between Mon 30 Sep - Thu 19 Dec (excluding half-term).

Tickets usually range from £69, but can run into the hundreds, so this is a cracker if you can find them. The offer’s on until Mon 16 Sep. Eurostar says there will be 75,000 returns available, but we reckon it’s best to book early as these get snapped up quickly. Your ticket also gives you 2for1 entry to museums and galleries at your destination.

How do you get the deal?

Oddly, you need to add all tickets within the '26-59' age bracket, even if travellers aren’t that age. Eurostar says there won't be any issues regarding age when you board.

The info is from here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/de...rm=10-Sep-13&utm_campaign=deals&utm_content=2

Also there is this offer:

[​IMG]
    Chiltern Railways London to Birmingham 25p each wayPay 50p for a return, but journeys must start in London
    Ldn-B'ham
    Chiltern Railways is offering 26,000 London - Birmingham 50p return tickets (or 25p single). We haven't official confirmation of how many tickets are left, but we managed to get 50p ones for a Saturday late on Tue 10 Sep evening, so we wager a strong bet there's still plenty (we'll update you when we know more).
    Go via the special Evening Standard link for Chiltern Railways to pay 25p each way for a mainline fast train ticket from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street. You can book a single from London to Birmingham or a return from London (but not the other way round, the journey has to start in London). See the full T&Cs.

The offer's valid on selected train journeys from Mon-Sat, till Thu 17 Oct or till the tickets have gone.

From the same link :thumb:

Wyn

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Thanks on the thought but it's Eurostar, so need to sit on a train and not in my cab seat :Sad:

May be useful for someone who fancies a train trip..:thumb:

3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Yes it would mean giving the m/h a rest, I suppose.

Wyn

4. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I like the look of that. Thanks:thumb:

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I saw the cheap London trip and was Excited.. !!
    Then read that it's only from London - Birmingham :cry: