Cheap RV for sale. (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Just seen on e-bay a nice Hurricane with slide out for sale. Anyone wishing to get into RVs might like to see this one. It has one day to run and is at £16,400 on a NO RESERVE auction.
As far as i can see it has no awning, but the rest is OK.

e-bay number 310567275887

Craig

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
If you are not doing a lot of miles per year, what does it matter? Also, at that sort if price, a good lpg conversion would be affordable, and it would still be a lot of RV for the money.
As for mpg, i would think around 10 as it is. I put more fuel in my Honda car per year than my RV.
Trying to live in a FIAT van that does 20 odd miles per gallon, or living in an RV that does 10 mpg, I know which i would go for every time!
What price would you be paying for a European MH of this size? and what mpg would that do?
If you are obsessed with mpg, then an RV isn't for you.

Craig

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you are not doing a lot of miles per year, what does it matter? Also, at that sort if price, a good lpg conversion would be affordable, and it would still be a lot of RV for the money.
As for mpg, i would think around 10 as it is. I put more fuel in my Honda car per year than my RV.
Trying to live in a FIAT van that does 20 odd miles per gallon, or living in an RV that does 10 mpg, I know which i would go for every time!
What price would you be paying for a European MH of this size? and what mpg would that do?

Craig

15 mins .. your getting slow Craig :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:Smile: Hi I am not obsessed about mpg but always look at a trip say to Malaga and back I have to agree a very nice van which I would love lpg would be a definate + :Smile:

in larger print for the hard of hearing :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
:Smile: Hi I am not obsessed about mpg but always look at a trip say to Malaga and back I have to agree a very nice van which I would love lpg would be a definate + :Smile:

in larger print for the hard of hearing :ROFLMAO:

No, I'm not saying you are obsessed with mpg, that was just a general statement. It's always horses for courses, some folk like them, some don't, as with everything in this life, personal choice.
I thought that as there are a lot of us motorhomers about, it might be someones cup of tea. Someone wanting to get larger, maybe, or someone wanting to full time. You never know.
And you must admit, it is a relatively cheap RV, up to now.

Craig

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No, I'm not saying you are obsessed with mpg, that was just a general statement. It's always horses for courses, some folk like them, some don't, as with everything in this life, personal choice.
I thought that as there are a lot of us motorhomers about, it might be someones cup of tea. Someone wanting to get larger, maybe, or someone wanting to full time. You never know.
And [HI]you must admit, it is a relatively cheap RV, up to now.[/HI]

Craig

Yes it is.. and what you save on buying a similar spec Eurovan would buy a lot of fuel ..

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Our last RV was a Hurricane on LPG, we loved it, lots of space and comfort and go almost anywhere , the one on e bay will be 32' o/a length but at around £20k or under is a real bargain if all ok. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp

Craig

Bur folks are obsessed with MPG, it never ceases to amaze me the number of MH's doing 50 on the motorway in the inside lane causing middle lane blocking by lorries just to save 3/4 miles a gallon :Doh::Doh:

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Well I'm afraid I'm going to be the one doing 50miles per hour in the left hand lane, because my motorhome won't got much faster than that! She's a sprightly old lady at 22 years old, but have a heart Merc! :winky:

So it;s not always the mpg that causes us to pootle on the motorway - oh and wave as you go past won't you! ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I tend to agree with you on that. People are obsessed with mpg, stating things like, 'I get 30mpg from my mh', like they are waiting for a round of applause.

Yes, fuel is dear, yes we would all like to achieve 80mpg, yes we would like to pay 20p pl, but, it 'aint gonna happen.

So, do we stay at home and save all that fuel money watching strictly come X-factor on ice in the jungle? Or go out and enjoy ourselves?

I do not think a large twin axle caravan, with a 4wd donkey towing it would achieve much better mpg.

Craig

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I do not think a large twin axle caravan, with a 4wd donkey towing it would achieve much better mpg.

Craig

Depends on the donkey / van combination.. I had a diesel Disco with an 18ft twin axle Lunar which had a hydraulic lifting front axle to make it easy to manhandle on the pitch.. .. lovely van, often wish I hadn't sold it.. around 25 mpg.. but I wasn't that concerned.. it did what it did.. .. we toured extensively, France , Spain and the UK .. attached pic is in Norfolk around 2002

Present car, Honda CRV and small 12ft van does around 28.. again, not obsessed, but cost has to be factored in when deciding where we go and how often we use it..

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread