Cheap Crocs (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Aha, so only leather shoes with leather soles eh? :unsure: Not a single pair with a composite sole??:unsure: Really??? :D:D
Even my excellent leather Jallatte workboots have a plastic sole (thank goodness.. I'd be on my arse in a second if they were leather):eek:

It was more about 'style' , if you can call it that

If you google 'Crocs' (images) there are hardly any pictures of folks, even kids wearing them... they couldn't even pay models to be pictured wearing them;) :rofl:

(y)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Not working on deck, no, lax is not the word I'd use, that's the full monty, fireproof overalls, safety boots, impact gloves, hardhat, chinstrap, safety glasses, eardefenders, safety harness, padded jockstrap (ok that last ones a lie but no doubt some office wallah will decide we need those next year):censored: and thats just to go to the loo. But at all other times I reckon 85% of the crew wear crocs. Great when doing my evening perambulations of the helideck never had a slip problem on wet steel decks and they are just so damn comfortable.. Like you I laughed and said I'd never wear THOSE when I first saw them:LOL::LOL: but was hooked from first time I wore a pair of Croc slippers SWMBO got me one Xmas...
Chevron did bring in a rule you weren't allowed to wear them without heel straps in the normal place( ie round the heel) (a rule widely ignored) but this year they've rescinded that. Now if only they'd do a dress shoe version to go with my tux......

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
It was more about 'style' , if you can call it that

If you google 'Crocs' (images) there are hardly any pictures of folks, even kids wearing them... they couldn't even pay models to be pictured wearing them;) :rofl:

(y)
I remember style, thats what led me to wear crushed velvet bell bottom trousers, an apache scarf with a Dr Kildare shirt and a Jackie Stewart corduroy hat as positively the coollest kid on the block...oh yes and chelsea boots (fell down the escalator at drake's circus in those) and... and... lets not forget..... winkle pickers... the very antithesis of comfort .. you can keep style give me comfort anyday ---as the bishop said to the rather large opera singer:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2011
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B584
Exp
Since 2010
Bought cheap's and they were fine until they shrunk. Used to be size 10 but probably were closer to 8 once finished. I think it was because i tried to dry them out in front of the heater outlet.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp

(y)
:D:D hehe, a misuse of search terms.. ask for pics of crocs you get pics of crocs.. ask for pics of people wearing crocs and you get 7,340,000 hits...... Crocs Rule Ok....Yayyy(y):LOL::LOL:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Great when doing my evening perambulations of the helideck never had a slip problem on wet steel decks and they are just so damn comfortable..

as I said.. outside the platform accommodation we had to wear protective footwear.. i.e. safety boots

sounds like you have a lax H&S manager or lax rules..

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
I particularly like this pic

images

Any resemblance etc etc etc....:ROFLMAO:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
:D:D hehe, a misuse of search terms.. ask for pics of crocs you get pics of crocs.. ask for pics of people wearing crocs and you get 7,340,000 hits...... Crocs Rule Ok....Yayyy(y):LOL::LOL:

I don't have access to the 'Dark Net';)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
as I said.. outside the platform accommodation we had to wear protective footwear.. i.e. safety boots

sounds like you have a lax H&S manager or lax rules..

I'll tell Walaa you said that, :):) being Egyptian he may decide to mummify you to keep you safe....:LOL::LOL:...... Nowt lax here, you ever come across a lax oil company??, its just that ship's aren't platforms, so safety wear is essential aft of the accomodation which is where all the deck working area is but the accomdation internals and the decks around it and forward are safe areas and so safety gear is not warranted, and yes I was once a rig pig and remember that too well, including two weeks in breathing gear whenever outside the accomodation area while we drilled an H2S zone.... happy days.... ehh no...... happy back being a sailor,..... swing that lamp...... (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a look in Lidl this morning and decided that my current ones still had plenty of wear in them so not worth buying :D

Once worn down you could have them retreaded.. or even re-cut at Kwikfit ..

Reactions: Mel

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
I have re cut the sole of my originals, never wear anything els now, many different types.
Some look just like shoes

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
And for all those who wish to join the group who have received the great enlightenment and leave the dark and dismal place that is Nocrocland

Link Broken

Seek and ye shall find, and lo the people made a great blessing and their feet thanked them for ever after :LOL::LOL::pray:Please may I have some more Crocs Sir?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Four pairs - hells bells I thought I was bad when it came to shoes and bags but you have just whipped away my crown!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Do you know I am going to have to go to Lidl on the way home and buy some crocs now, otherwise I just might spend the weekend feeling deprived.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Four pairs - hells bells I thought I was bad when it came to shoes and bags but you have just whipped away my crown![/QUOTE
Even rob has a posh leather pair which I bought him but he won't wear only his croc flip flops!!
Did I say I've got more in the van and some in the wardrobe secreted away!!

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Damn, and I'm not back near a Lidls until next Friday...last croc count was 6 pairs, 2 clogs, 1 trekker, 1 savannah, and 2 like those cool purple ones above only mine are black. :Grin:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Damn, and I'm not back near a Lidls until next Friday...last croc count was 6 pairs, 2 clogs, 1 trekker, 1 savannah, and 2 like those cool purple ones above only mine are black. :Grin:
I daren't list all mine Rob says I've got to many anyway!!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Gotta say, these furry lined crocs are the best slippers I've ever owned. Love em!
IMG_3237.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back