Cheap Campsites On The Scottish Border

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Frank Atkinson, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Frank Atkinson

Frank Atkinson Read Only Funster

Hey, newbie here. just got my first camper. looking for a cheap camp-site on the Scottish border. with electricity. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

2. Kelsae2

Kelsae2 Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome to the Fun.
    Kirkfield Caravan site in Yetholm is £17 per night with full hook up, facilities block. Friendly owner stays on site so no issues with anything.
    Charlie.

3. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

A wee bit to the South of the border, Crossfells campsite is basic but well set up for motorhomes, at £13 a night including the 'leccy it's very cheap as well. We use it as a stopover heading up the M6.

You do need your own shower - a basic loo plus all the services is what they have. It's an immaculately kept little site.

http://www.crossfells-campsite.co.uk/

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kelsae2

Hi Frank
    Are you coming up the the A1 or A68 side.
    Charlie.

5. Frank Atkinson

Frank Atkinson Read Only Funster

going up the a1, thanks for all your help, appologies for slow response, thanks

6. Kelsae2

Hi
    There is a good small Cl at the southern end of Alnwick. It was £12 a night with electric the last time we were there. It is hard standing on each pitch, with toilet emptying point nearby. No toilet block. There is a really good pub/restaurant/accommodation place within a few minutes walk. At the same place there is a large petrol station with café. Sainsburys is another few minutes walk.
    The site is called Green......( something ) Farm I think. I usually look it up and phone them. I can look back & check if you like.
    There are a couple of Temporary Holiday Sites with the Camping & Caravanning Club groups if you are a member at Alnwick & Beadnell, although these do not have electric.
    Regards, Charlie.