Cheap alarm

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by davvidof, Mar 30, 2011.

1. davvidof

davvidof Read Only Funster

Hi all,
    reading about people's concerns about using Aires or 'wilding' I wondered if this alarm would be useful. It comes with a mounting bracket and could be mounted adjacent to the hab door and the lanyard clipped to the door, set last thing at night if someone manages to open the door the high pitched alarm will disorientate and drive the burglar off, hopefully it would wake you too!

http://www.personalalarms.com/store/erol.html?1115x0

It's the Minder model.

we went along to our local Police station and bought a couple for £2.50 each, same as above but without the torch, check the batteries though as they may have been in storage for some time.

just an idea. :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Yes its a good idea if you look back i posted similar about a year ago we have three personal alarms 2 for the cab doors and one for the hab we dont use them all the time but just if its a quiet aire and not well lit. Our one makes noise and light flashes they are really loud.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I bought some with magnetic reed switches, suitable for locker doors etc at our pound shop. They were £1 for FIVE including batteries.:Smile: