Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We are downsizing to a Chausson 510 delivery end of April, from a Dethleffs Esprit A Class. The Chausson only has room for 1 gas bottle, and we are told the heating can run off the diesel. The query we have is that diesel is so expensive in comparison to heating fuel. Would it be possible just to have a separate tank for this, if not has any one else experience of running heating on diesel costs etc.
Thanks.

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are downsizing to a Chausson 510 delivery end of April, from a Dethleffs Esprit A Class. The Chausson only has room for 1 gas bottle, and we are told the heating can run off the diesel. The query we have is that diesel is so expensive in comparison to heating fuel. Would it be possible just to have a separate tank for this, if not has any one else experience of running heating on diesel costs etc.
Thanks.

Hi Slverdreamers,
just taken delivery of a Best of 10. Don't worry about the diesel heater it uses very little, had mine on all last saturday and the fuel gauge never moved. If you are low on diesel, the heater will stop, prioritising the fuel for the engine..
Hope this helps,
Lee.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Even at road fuel prices, a diesel heater is more convenient and economical than gas, even at extremely low temperatures.
This opinion os not from an armchair expert but someone who has used their van in an extreme cold environment.
Dont worry, diesel heating works, ask any trucker!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Diesel heating is brilliant, may be a bit noisy , had it in my last MH,

Join us or log in to post a reply.