Free Member
Mar 9, 2014
Worthing, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 35
Exp
Just purchased my first one in Sept 2013
I'm a "newbie" to motorhomes having bought mine last September. The motorhome is very good although I found soon after I got it that I had a leak coming in the main roof opening. Has anyone else who's got this type of motorhome had the same problem? The dealer fixed it but it's now started leaking again so it's got back once more. Also I've found I have a V-shaped crack in the polycarbonate cover although it isn't where the rubber seal is so no water is coming in there. One other thing does anyone who has this model have a towbar or know if one can be fitted. I want to get a small car to tow but before I do I just want to be sure I can actually fit a towbar.:Smile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry cant answer your Question but welcome to fun anyway:Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi welcome to Fun!::bigsmile:

We have owned our Welcome 35 for 4 years from new.
Your leaking rooflight isnt a problem we have had. What sort of repair did your dealer do? Simply running a bead of sealant around the edge of any rooflight will not reseal it. It is possible that is all which was done.
Some dealers are well known for shoddy repairs just to get rid of you.
The rooflight should be removed and refitted on anew bed of sealant, I suspect this was not the case!
As regards a towbar, we think towing cars is silly, but the good news is that if you look under your rear bumper you will find a trailer lighting socket dangling there!:thumb:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hello.. Welcome to the funsters. Sorry not sure of your problems. But certain there are members who can help & advise.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I have to say that the build quality on our chausson is pretty good on the whole..
Maybe there should be a chausson meet to compare issues ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Phone PWS Poole regarding tow bar

Peter
at 4 x the cost of other local suppliers I would hope they should be gold plated. PWS quoted £1200+ for a bar for my current van so had it done for £350 just up the road

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back