Chausson Solar Panel Connection

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by ppsontour, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ppsontour

ppsontour

I have a Chausson suite garage 2011 that i want to fit a solar panel to. I believe there is a pre-wired connection in there somewhere. Does anyone know where i can find it or even what it looks like ?

2. andy63

andy63 Funster

Hi. Your van will most probably have a main box where your 12v and 240v fuses and breakers are located...incorporating a battery charger etc something like a Sargent control unit... The later ones I believe also have a solar charge controller built in,so if you can locate that and post the model someone will be able to help..
    Ta Andy. .

3. andy63

andy63 Funster

A bump... sure someone will be able to be more helpful.

4. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

If you have a Chausson dealer or workshop nearby they might be able to point you in the right direction?

5. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

Hi
    Our chausson also has a connection for solar. Its all in the manuals and circuit diagrams that came with the van.
    I can go check... But not tonight

• Like Like x 1
  6. bungy

bungy Funster

In our welcome 85 its behind a panel in a cupboard above the kitchen area...wouldnt have known itvwas there if i hadnt found it whilst browsing around the circuit diagram for the van!!!

7. ppsontour

ppsontour

The problem is that I have not got the wiring diagram.... I have emailed chausson and they have not replied and the guy at the dealers does not know where it is. He said just connect it directly onto the battery but I would rather wire it into the pre wired connection. If I can find it.....

8. andy63

andy63 Funster

Duplicate sorry

9. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Found ours last weekend I think!!. It is in the cupboard over the sink there is a false side to the cupboard one side (the outside ) has the tv ariel and 12v socket the inside another 12v socket. If you remove the inside panel (4 screws) there is a connector with 2 wires not connected which I think are the solar panel wires. The wiring diagram suggests this. I do not know however if there is a solar regulator I seen to recall there is one capable of taking up to an 80w panel does anyone know better?