Free Member
Apr 21, 2016
oxford
Funster No
MH
Chausson flash 22
Exp
3 years
Hi all .New to this forum having hunted all over the internet for such a site !.We are fairly new to motor homing(myself and husband ) having bought a new Chausson flash 22 ,3 years ago.
We seem to have now hit numerous issues (may be we have not done all the checks we should do or digested all the varying manual fully) ) and cannot even get our annual service booked in until the middle of June due to high demand ,I wondered if any of you could assist as we want to go away again before that .
Have just changed the gas cylinder and cannot get gas to the hob or the grill. Neither will ignite
We plugged in a new electric fryer to the mains hook and seem to have blown the fuse as nothing works on the sockets now .However we have hunted high and low and cannot find the fuse box/trip switch .Can any other Chausson owners assist?
Also the water heater doesn't work.
We can cope with either no gas or no electric but not both .The lights and tv work but I understand they run off the 12 battery?
Any assistance gratefully recieved

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Welcome to the forum - I'm not technical but plenty of members are so sure someone who is will be along soon :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure re gas but check shut off valve not engaged.
Fuses could well be under one of the front cab seats or in a rear cupboard, we've had them in both areas. You may need to track cables from leisure batteries to the fuses.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Depending on the age of the gas connector if you have changed a bottle over you need to press the green button on the pipe to get the flow going again - this is a safety feature on more recent vans. Apologies if you have already done this and I am stating the obvious!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can help with the water heater - perhaps :)

First you will need 12v electric to ignite the gas for the water heater. This is assuming it is the same arrangement as ours - and assumptions are dangerous I know.

Second there is a gas stop-cock somewhere (ours is in the garage near the heater) that you will need to check. The plastic switch on ours was useless and showed that the gas was on when in fact it wasn't. (It's one of those efforts with a square socket and peg arrangement. The plastic stretches and you end up with a round socket which doesn't move the square peg!) We have to take the cover off and use a spanner on the valve to turn the gas on and off.

Our fuse box is in the garage but yours may be in the wardrobe. Or maybe even under the side bench seat.

If you are really stuck perhaps you could phone a Chausson dealer and ask for help? We bought our Chausson (different model) from Knowepark in Livingston and found them very helpful.

Wish we were closer as we could have come and had a look for you :(

Arewethereyet

Free Member
Apr 21, 2016
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Is this the first time you have changed a gas bottle in three years ? not appearing to be undermining but have you,
1) checked that the bottle you have changed does have gas in it
2) Is the knob on top of the bottle in the open position (propane) or lever in the open position (Butane)
3) Is there a small green button on the side of your regulator, if so have you depressed this for 5-10 seconds

Electrical problem sound like you have tripped the MCB on the consumer unit, this will be a smaller version of what you probably have in your house (Fuse board) once you have tracked it down check that all the breakers are in the on position, one word of caution, Electric fryers tend to be very high wattage appliances, I think if you are planning on using this sort of equipment while away on site you will probably find that you will be forever tripping out the electric hook up bollards on a lot of camp sites.

M

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Obviously the questions are not that urgent as @communitygirl was last logged onto the site yesterday...... still I hope she (and maybe others) find the suggestions useful. Perhaps she didn't realise how fast we are in replying and trying to help :) , I know I was / still am overwhelmed (in a nice way) with all the help and support from the people here.

OP
OP
C

communitygirl

Free Member
Apr 21, 2016
oxford
Funster No
MH
Chausson flash 22
Exp
3 years
Hi all
Many thanks for all your quick and helpful responses .Sorry not to have replied sooner. Have been away with a couple of girlfriends to a Warners leisure hotel in Suffolk and only wifi in the main house .Will certainly take on board(!) literally all your suggestions and recommendations and report back .I think the fryer will only be used in the house now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back