Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
West Mids
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30yrs
Has anybody got a relatively new Maxi Suite and have used the oven over the fridge? I believe that it is highly dangerous in regards to fire and I have the photos to prove it.
No oven should be put into a totally enclosed box without ventilation and I wonder if Chausson or any other manufacturer ever really test the ancillary equiptment.
Hickup

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i think that any oven or microwave positioned at around head height is an accident waiting to happen.
i wonder what health and safety would say about them.
ok so you can get a nasty burn from things even at worktop height but from head height you are into plastic surgery.

the people that design these motorhomes should be forced to live 24/7 for at least a month in every new prototype to find the faults i wonder if then there may be improvements in the design.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hickup

Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
West Mids
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30yrs
Maxi Suite oven

Andy
Already the oven has been condemed by the fire brigade saftey officer and Trading Standards are also involved. There are clear burn marks on the cable for the ignition and combining that with the extreme heat of the wooden box enclosing the oven is a real disaster waiting to happen.

You can tell ,if you take the gas oven out, that this box was designed for a microwave as inside the box is a French type electric plug. Again I would emphasize ther is no ventilation for this oven . It is totaly enclosed by wood apart from a small gap at the top of the facing oven.

Until this mattter is resolved I would not use the oven and I am hoping that there is a recall.

I may add that Chausson is the worst company for replying to emails.

Hickup

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Andy
Already the oven has been condemed by the fire brigade saftey officer and Trading Standards are also involved. There are clear burn marks on the cable for the ignition and combining that with the extreme heat of the wooden box enclosing the oven is a real disaster waiting to happen.

You can tell ,if you take the gas oven out, that this box was designed for a microwave as inside the box is a French type electric plug. Again I would emphasize ther is no ventilation for this oven . It is totaly enclosed by wood apart from a small gap at the top of the facing oven.

Until this mattter is resolved I would not use the oven and I am hoping that there is a recall.

I may add that Chausson is the worst company for replying to emails.

Hickup

Is it right-hand drive?
Did you buy it direct from Chausson or from a dealer?
If from a dealer, have they responded in a timely fashion and what have they had to say?

OP
OP
H

Hickup

Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
West Mids
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30yrs
Maxi Suite

My Chausson Maxi is right hand drive and comes from a British dealer.

the dealer has been helpful in its limited way, but which dealer actually tests the motorhomes they sell and at the end of the day if there is a problem the only people that can put it right is the manufacturer, ie Fiat gear boxes.

Hickup

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back