Free Member
Aug 3, 2011
Carmarthen Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi all,

I have a Chausson Allegro 94, (French Make) and the grey waste pipe discharge is located in the centre of the vehicle which can be a pain when emptying, especially in the UK.

I am looking to extend the pipe to the nearside of the vehicle but cannot fathom the sizing of the pipe.

The discharge currently ends in a 90* elbow. However 40mm pipe is a fraction too large and 32mm is way too small.

In the UK standard dia sizes are 32, 40 and 50mm respectively. Are there different sizes for Europe?

Can anybody advise how to extend the pipe?

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi all,

I have a Chausson Allegro 94, (French Make) and the grey waste pipe discharge is located in the centre of the vehicle which can be a pain when emptying, especially in the UK.

I am looking to extend the pipe to the nearside of the vehicle but cannot fathom the sizing of the pipe.

The discharge currently ends in a 90* elbow. However 40mm pipe is a fraction too large and 32mm is way too small.

In the UK standard dia sizes are 32, 40 and 50mm respectively. Are there different sizes for Europe?

Can anybody advise how to extend the pipe?

We have a Chausson with the rear centre discharge but fail to see a problem had it five years and had another before that for a year so thats a lot of waste water never had a problem is yours differant in some way ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Philb

Free Member
Aug 3, 2011
Carmarthen Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We have a Chausson with the rear centre discharge but fail to see a problem had it five years and had another before that for a year so thats a lot of waste water never had a problem is yours differant in some way ?

Yes the discharge is literally centre of the vehicle, amidships, not to the rear, i always have to lift the manhole first and on some sites due to the location of the pit i am fearful about dropping a wheel in etc...

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Yes i can see that being a problem, mines in the centre and the tap or pull handle is just under the rear valance i drive over the lid and try and go just a tad to far get out lift the lid then reverse back or get the wife to wave her arms about when im there :thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Yes i can see that being a problem, mines in the centre and the tap or pull handle is just under the rear valance i drive over the lid and try and go just a tad to far get out lift the lid then reverse back or get the wife to wave her arms about when im there :thumb:

Happy days !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
A friend had a similar problem with his homecar, we used flexible swimming pool/garden pond pipe with a jubilee clip ( fitted to the outside of the elbow)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You will find that even in our British standard that there are discrepancies. Wikes 40mm is smaller than OSMA for instance. Also push fit is a different size. Take a piece of your pipe with you and shop-around........:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back