Highlander68

Free Member
Oct 3, 2013
Tain highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 04
Exp
Hi looking to install a solar panal possibly a wing generator in my Chausson flash best of 04 it is. Pre wired but iam unsure one where the wires are and two is this the best place to connect via as I have ready somewhere of problems using the connections

B

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Hi , my van was pre wired for solar , but I couldn't find where they disappeared to from the main electroblock area . the best advice is to use proper cable that is supplied by the better suppliers out there .
I fitted my panel myself and routed the cables through the cupboards .
The pre installed cables turned up eventually under the bed next to the truma heater , absolutely useless .
I have no experience of wind power but I doubt you will need it with a decent solar setup .
There are plenty of threads on installing your own panels , ask as many questions as you need to , there are plenty of knowledgeable people ready to help you .
Good luck .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Forget wind power, it's been discussed before and the benefits are minimal compared to the outlay - you'd be better off paying to go on a campsite and use their electricity for years and years for the amount of power you'll get out of a wind generator of the size you'd be able to accommodate. Solar however is another ting entirely as it is so 'cheap' nowadays and works well so a good sized solar panel and a couple of leisure batteries would be my suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back