Chausson Flash Best Of 04

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by Highlander68, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Highlander68

Highlander68

Hi looking to install a solar panal possibly a wing generator in my Chausson flash best of 04 it is. Pre wired but iam unsure one where the wires are and two is this the best place to connect via as I have ready somewhere of problems using the connections

B

2. colinw

colinw Read Only Funster

Hi , my van was pre wired for solar , but I couldn't find where they disappeared to from the main electroblock area . the best advice is to use proper cable that is supplied by the better suppliers out there .
    I fitted my panel myself and routed the cables through the cupboards .
    The pre installed cables turned up eventually under the bed next to the truma heater , absolutely useless .
    I have no experience of wind power but I doubt you will need it with a decent solar setup .
    There are plenty of threads on installing your own panels , ask as many questions as you need to , there are plenty of knowledgeable people ready to help you .
    Good luck .

3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Forget wind power, it's been discussed before and the benefits are minimal compared to the outlay - you'd be better off paying to go on a campsite and use their electricity for years and years for the amount of power you'll get out of a wind generator of the size you'd be able to accommodate. Solar however is another ting entirely as it is so 'cheap' nowadays and works well so a good sized solar panel and a couple of leisure batteries would be my suggestion.